Please read and review the following Forum Rules before posting to MJPC. Failure to comply with these rules could result in warnings and/or suspensions of your MJPC membership privileges.
1) Remember Michael’s Mantra…do it with L-O-V-E. We will not tolerate hateful or derogatory attacks on other MJPC members in any way. Offensive posts will be removed, and the offending member will be warned and/or banned depending on the severity of the infringement.
2) Also remember Aretha’s Mantra…R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Please respect one another's opinions, even if you don’t agree with them. We do not censor opinions or ideas on our forums but we do take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in the community beyond a civil and polite disagreement.
3) MJPC will NOT tolerate bullying, trolling, or other abusive conduct on this web site. This includes but is not limited to racial, ethnic, religious, sexual preference, or gender based insults or comments.
4) Use of profanity or sexually explicit terms in usernames, posts, signatures or anything else on this web site will not be tolerated. We have word filters in place for the most vulgar terms. Circumventing those word filters through use of tactics like “T*H*I*S” will result in punitive action and possible suspension.
These guidelines apply to any and all posts submitted by you, including but not limited to: forum posts, chats, gallery comments, and blogs.
1) If you are posting news or any other content that originates from another web site or forum, please give credit to the original source, and a link to the article, if it is known. Likewise, if you are posting news or content derived from MJPC, please give appropriate credit and a link back to our site.
2) When starting a new topic, please make sure to post in the correct forum. Failure to do so will result in moving of your thread to the correct forum, or deletion of it. If you are unsure whether a new topic may be unacceptable to MJPC posting guidelines, please PM a moderator first for advice before you post.
3) MJPC recognizes that many of our members are from non-English speaking countries and territories. However, please keep your posts in proper and acceptable English.
4) Please refrain from “double posting” unless absolutely necessary. If you would like to add something to your previous post, simply edit it.
5) Unnecessary bumping of topics is considered “spamming.” Please refrain from bumping old threads unless you have something newsworthy or valuable to add.
6) Using ALL CAPITALS throughout your posts is discouraged. Please use proper “Sentence case”, and capitals for emphasis, if and only where it is appropriate.
7) Please refrain from using the public forums for private discussions with other members. Instead, “PM” those members directly.
8} We encourage playful, positive, and light-hearted banter amongst our members. However, please do not stray too far from the topic at hand. We may delete individual posts that could ruin a good topic thread.
9) Your signatures may contain images, but may not exceed the forum’s default width. Please compress the images in your signatures, to allow our pages acceptable load times. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given or deemed unacceptable by our staff, an MJPC moderator will request you resize or change your image. Failure to properly comply with a moderator's request to adjust your signature will result in removal of the signature.
10) Moderators do not instantly see any particular post on our site, so please help us “self police” our site. If you recognize that a topic is posted in the wrong forum, or if you notice a post you believe to be in violation of our guidelines, then please use the “Report” feature located in the lower left side of that post. Please do NOT respond publicly to the member. MJPC will address the issue, and take whatever action we deem appropriate.
11) Any impersonation of a user from these forums, in any mode of communication, is strictly prohibited and will result in a banning.
12) If a moderator closes, moves or deletes your thread/post for any reason, please respect their decision, and do not argue with moderators or staff publicly. If you have an issue concerning our policies or staff, please use a personal contact method such as a private message or email to a moderator or staff member. You can find a current list of our staff on the Site Credits page of this web site. Unresolved complaints with an MJPC staff member or moderator can be addressed to one of the site owners by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And the most important rule of all... HAVE FUN!!
MJPC reserves the right to edit or remove any content on these forums that we deem inappropriate with or without notice. We also reserve the right to ban any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our community. We will be fair and in most cases provide warning (usually via private message). We also take into account a member’s prior track record in making our final determination, including any previous warnings issued to that member.
MJPC has full liberty to choose its members, and we may accept or reject any member signups, remove or suspend any member from our site, grant and revoke any privileges to members within the site without warning, prior notice or giving any reason anytime we find appropriate. “VIP” members who are banned due to breech of MJPC’s Terms Of Service are not entitled to whole or partial refunds of their membership dues.
The reasons behind the banning of a member may not be discussed publicly on this board. MJPC will not tolerate members giving out their account details to a banned member in order for them to access our web site. Such an act will result in a permanent suspension without prior warning.
If you feel you have been treated unfairly, you may submit an appeal to email@example.com. You will be notified if any changes are made to your membership status or if you will ever be reinstated. All decisions made in this process are final.
MJPC Gallery Posting Rules & Guidelines
1) This is a Michael Jackson photos forum. Please do not post photos of Michael’s kids or family unless they include Michael!
2) Please make sure you select the proper sub-category (location) before you upload to our Gallery. Also, please make sure the images you upload are not already contained in our Gallery.
3) All image submissions must first be approved by a Gallery Admin before they will go “live” on our site.
4) Please do not post images to our web site that are exclusively copyrighted by a third party or agency. This includes but is not limited to images licensed by "MJJ Productions," "MJJ Magazine", or photo agencies (ie: Getty, Corbis, etc.). MJPC is not responsible for images posted by its members which violate copyright ownership. You agree that you will not upload any content that is in violation with our Terms & Conditions.
5) Additionally, it is a violation of our policy to upload any image to our gallery that was taken from sites such as "MJJ Pictures", "Steady Laughing", and "King Of The Dance Floor". Please respect the hard work that these and other MJ web sites have put into their craft and do not crop or cover their tags! If you notice photos on our site that may violate our posting rules, please use the "Report Image" function located to the right side of each photo. We will immediately remove any image(s) that we feel violates our site’s policy, and possibly ban the violating member(s) from our web site if we feel it is warranted.
6) The following types of images are NOT allowed under any circumstances:
- Fake or “photoshopped” pictures
- “Fan art”—these are not photos!
- Photos that contain a third party watermark. Images uploaded to our site that contain them will be removed before being made live on our site.
- Anything that may be considered pornographic or that may be otherwise offensive to our members such as Memorial or “final resting place” pictures.
Please refrain from posting screen caps unless the caps are impossibly rare or unique, and high res photos from the same event do not already exist.
7) Acceptable file formats include JPG and PNG. Please do not upload "GIF" or "BMP" formats.
8} The "MJPC" watermark is added to photos automatically by our database as soon as each image is uploaded. If you do not want our mark added to your photos, please do NOT upload them for hosting on our web site.
9) Whenever possible, please do not upload low res images smaller than 300x400 unless the photo is impossibly rare or unique. Please do not upload images larger than 5 MB each in size.
1) You must be a registered member of MJPC in order to download images.
2) MJPC grants members permission to download and store images and other public content for your own personal and non-commercial use. We encourage members to circulate the watermarked photos from our Photo Galleries, as we consider this “free promotion” of our web site.
However, members may NOT remove, cover, or crop our watermark, nor publicly circulate the “watermark free” versions of these photos available to VIP members, without MJPC’s permission. Under NO circumstances is content from our web site or Photo Galleries to be sold for profit. Violation of these terms could result in immediate and permanent suspension of your MJPC membership, as well as legal remedies, as appropriate.
If you have any questions with regards to any of these policies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 MJPhotosCollectors.com. All rights reserved.