Welcome to MJPC!

If you L.O.V.E. to share photos and discuss anything and everything about the King Of Pop, you've come to the right place! Have rare MJ photos to trade? Email us at photos@mjphotoscollectors.com! Want to help support our site? Donate $5 (or more) here! Or, become a VIP Member! for access to thousands of high res watermark free photos in our password protected galleries! Enjoy your visit!!

New MJ album release November 2010

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
What are your thoughts and feelings about the new material that is supposed to be released later this year?

Michael Jackson's forgotten music out in November
By Alan Duke, CNN
July 30, 2010 -- Updated 2041 GMT (0441 HKT)

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Songs that didn't make the cut on Michael Jackson albums while he was alive and some forgotten recordings left behind on computer hard drives will be on an album released this fall, sources familiar with the project say.

Jackie Jackson, one of the singer's older brothers, has been working in a studio to help prepare the album, which will include 10 previously unheard songs, according to Jackson estate spokesman Jim Bates.

Jackson's estate and Sony Music announced in March that his next album of unreleased music will go on sale in November.

Music producer Rodney Jerkins, who co-produced Jackson's 2001 album "Invincible," has been working with Sony to put together the new album, a source familiar with the project said. The source asked not to be identified because he was not authorized by the record label to disclose details.

John McClain, one of the two men named in Jackson's will to be executors of his estate, is also working on the album with Jackie Jackson, Bates said. McClain owns a recording studio in Hollywood.

Jackson was known to rent out Los Angeles recording studios for weeks at a time for creative sessions, sometimes alone and sometimes with other well-known artists.

A producer told CNN that he was surprised to find a large cache of forgotten Michael Jackson music files stored on a hard drive at a Hollywood studio in the months after Jackson's June 25, 2009, death.

When he turned the recording device on to start a session, he heard Jackson singing "Hot Fun in the Summertime." The 1969 hit by Sly & the Family Stone is part of an extensive music catalogue that Jackson bought.

The producer said he made a backup copy of the 40 gigabytes of Jackson music and turned it over to one of the Jackson estate administrators. He asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the matter.

Another computer hard drive with music was found in Jackson's rented mansion in the days after his death, Bates said. A Jackson family member later handed the hard drive over to the estate administrators, he said.

It was not clear if any of that music will be included in the upcoming project, but Sony's Columbia Records has a contract with Jackson's estate for 10 albums of unreleased material over the next seven years.
Source: http://edition.cnn.c...bid=tRtmURIX_RC

Exclusive: New Michael Jackson Album In November
Disc includes 10 previously unreleased tracks

By  Daniel Kreps
Jul 30, 2010 11:34 AM EDT

An all-new Michael Jackson collection featuring 10 unreleased songs will be released this November, a rep for the Jackson estate exclusively tells Rolling Stone. At the time of his death Jackson reportedly left hard drives filled with unheard music, much of it recorded during the King of Pop's '80s peak. Jackson's manager Frank DiLeo told RS that he estimates that Jackson's vaults contain more than 100 completed and unreleased songs, including collaborations with Akon, Will.i.am and Ne-Yo. "There are a couple of songs we recorded for the Bad album that we had to cut that are just sensational," DiLeo said.

"Every time that [Jackson] recorded, he over-recorded. He would record anywhere from 20 to 30 songs for each album," former Sony Music CEO Tommy Mottola told RS last year. Any of them could have been as big a hit as the ones that came out." One of the most noteworthy tracks was a Thriller outtake titled "Don't Be Messin' Around." Other candidates include any of the reported five songs that Jackson recorded with Will.i.am.

Last year, a pair of unreleased Jackson tracks, "Another Day" and "A Place With No Name," leaked, and recently Rodney Jerkins, who co-produced Jackson's 2001 album Invincible, revealed to VladTV that he's currently working on the collection.

As Rolling Stone previously reported, the album of never-before-heard Jackson songs will be the first in a 10-project, seven-year deal the Jackson estate inked with Sony Music in March 2010 — a $250 million pact that will also include reissues of Jackson's classic albums, new greatest hits sets, a DVD collection of all Michael's music videos and possibly a Cirque du Soleil show. The hybrid karaoke and dance simulator Michael Jackson: The Video Game is also expected out by the end of 2010.
Source: http://www.rollingst...ws/17386/186832

raisa

raisa

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 82 posts

he heard Jackson singing "Hot Fun in the Summertime."

I really can't imagin Michael singing that song, sound very interesting!  ^_^

Posted Image

Check out my blog with pictures of the Jackson brothers

Maiconet

Maiconet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

View PostMJSunshine, on 31 July 2010 - 11:30 AM, said:

Last year, a pair of unreleased Jackson tracks, "Another Day" and "A Place With No Name,"

A Place With No Name is so exciting, i can't wait to listen to the whole song. This album will be very welcoming, and these song will be a kind of confort for fans.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Twitter

♪ Since You've Been Gone I'm Not The Same ♪

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I can't wait to hear Michael's unreleased songs. I'd love to hear a song called Apocalypse Now that Michael recorded for the Bad. And Crack Kills, they unreleased duet with RUN DMC from the Bad album recording sessions.

The Thriller outtake Don't Be Messin' Around, sounds interesting. It's amazing how many brilliant songs Michael choose not to release, and a shame he never released B-Sides like Prince did in the 1980's. The previously unreleased Thriller outtake Got The Hots is an amazing song and one of my favorites. And I think Serious Effect an unreleased song from the Dangerous recording sessions (I sometimes think it's an outtake from HIStory) would have been a huge hit for Michael in the 1990's.

I'm not to pleased to hear Rodney Jerkins is working in putting together this album of unreleased songs by Michael. But I am very pleased to hear Jackie Jackson is involved as he's a great songwriter, and co-wrote Can You Feel It with Michael, plus a brilliant song called Your Ways which Michael sang the lead vocals on the Triumph album.

I can imagine Michael singing Sly & The Family Stones, Hot Fun In The Summertime. I love that song !

michelle1

michelle1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I can't wait to hear some of Michael's unreleased songs on the new album! Come on, November, get here faster.

VeraFaith

VeraFaith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Looking forward to it... and dreading it at the same time...

Avril MJ

Avril MJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thank you for the news
Posted Image

wlmj

wlmj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I can't wait! :rolleyes:

Michael_Jackson's_Girl

Michael_Jackson's_Girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I'm so excited!..
Posted Image

Black Porsche

Black Porsche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I really don't like giving money to Sony, for obvious reasons, but I do look forward to hearing the new songs.  I'm happy to know Jackie is working on them too.  I just hope they don't change the songs too much and leave them the way Michael would have wanted them.  I'm interested in hearing Hot Fun In The Summertime.  I love that song!

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts
Today someone sent me a link to this article: http://www.legendary...kson.nl/?p=1349

New MJ album details and a 3-DVD box set. Insiders are leaking every day as the tension builds to a climax.
Fans who watch the internet closely have noticed that new details about Michael’s new album are leaking bit by bit every day on the internet. Rumours, speculations and insiders reporting about information regarding the new album. In the mean time we are all looking forward to the official confirmation from Sony Music or the Michael Jackson Estate.

On of the most amazing reports is about an unannounced 3-DVD box set, titled ‘Vision’. According to a Facebook post by Andre Harris (Andre Harris and Marsha Ambrosius wrote and composed ‘Butterflies’ for the ‘Invincible’ album) this 3-DVD box set is set to be released around the same date has the new album and the Wii game ‘The Experience’.

According to the post this is 100 % confirmed by Sony Music. The details are said to be given in an e-mail from Sony Music USA in the morning of September 24th. Harris also says ‘Vision’ will contain a new music video for the first single of the new album.

Harris explains that the promotion around the projects is going to be BIG, they are all coming together. In addition to a party in Sydney, Sony Music is also planning an event in LA and London as well as other locations around the world.

From another corner reporter Roger Friedman says today he got confirmed from Sony that the release date has not been set yet, but it’s definitely going to be before Christmas.

According to Friedman, four of what might be 12 tracks will be derived from sessions Michael did with Eddie Cascio in his suburban New Jersey studio three years ago. At least one of those tracks was originally co written and produced by Eddie’s brother Frank Cascio for an R&B singer named Bobby Ewing.

Some of the other tracks are said to be outtakes from Michaels’ albums, a Paul Anka song called “Love Never Felt So Good” from the session that produced the title track for “This Is It.”

Michael Jackson Estate co-executor John McClain is in charge of the project. Sources say that McClain’s been relying heavily on Michael’s brother, Jackie Jackson, for help since he’s not, technically, a music producer. Rodney Jerkins and Akon are also working on tracks.

Also Lenny Kravitz is named regarding the new album and Teddy Riley is even sending out messages on Twitter about the project. According to Riley Michael is going to be very proud about the job they are doing.

Friedman also reports that the Michael Jackson Estate is also working on another project  including a documentary or reality show about the putting together of the new live Cirque du Soleil project.

Yvonne Hime

Yvonne Hime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
:wub: "Harris also says ‘Vision’ will contain a new music video for the first single of the new album."
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  a new music video! ouhhhh!
Posted Image
Posted Image

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts

View PostMJPC, on 28 September 2010 - 12:06 PM, said:

New MJ album details and a 3-DVD box set. Insiders are leaking every day as the tension builds to a climax.
That's absolutely right. The last months were full of speculations and new insider information, but nothing really confirmed. "Vision" is circulating for some time now - I dearly hope they will really share unseen footage with us :)
I guess the next days there will be an announcement. Christmas sales isn't that far away anymore.

Maiconet

Maiconet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Posted Image

The 3-DVD Boxset has confirmed by Sony BMG. Here's the Website for pre-order -> MichaelJackson's Vision Pre Order

And the Official trailer:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Twitter

♪ Since You've Been Gone I'm Not The Same ♪

JacksOnera_98

JacksOnera_98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
mUxazzs gRazzssiiazzss ...spRo qqOn ansszziiaszz esszzte diisszzssqqOxxiqito ermoxo

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts

View PostJacksOnera_98, on 23 October 2010 - 01:56 AM, said:

mUxazzs gRazzssiiazzss ...spRo qqOn ansszziiaszz esszzte diisszzssqqOxxiqito ermoxo
What do you want to say?  ;)

bonlovesmj

bonlovesmj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

View PostMJSunshine, on 31 July 2010 - 11:30 AM, said:

What are your thoughts and feelings about the new material that is supposed to be released later this year?

Michael Jackson's forgotten music out in November
By Alan Duke, CNN
July 30, 2010 -- Updated 2041 GMT (0441 HKT)

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Songs that didn't make the cut on Michael Jackson albums while he was alive and some forgotten recordings left behind on computer hard drives will be on an album released this fall, sources familiar with the project say.

Jackie Jackson, one of the singer's older brothers, has been working in a studio to help prepare the album, which will include 10 previously unheard songs, according to Jackson estate spokesman Jim Bates.

Jackson's estate and Sony Music announced in March that his next album of unreleased music will go on sale in November.

Music producer Rodney Jerkins, who co-produced Jackson's 2001 album "Invincible," has been working with Sony to put together the new album, a source familiar with the project said. The source asked not to be identified because he was not authorized by the record label to disclose details.

John McClain, one of the two men named in Jackson's will to be executors of his estate, is also working on the album with Jackie Jackson, Bates said. McClain owns a recording studio in Hollywood.

Jackson was known to rent out Los Angeles recording studios for weeks at a time for creative sessions, sometimes alone and sometimes with other well-known artists.

A producer told CNN that he was surprised to find a large cache of forgotten Michael Jackson music files stored on a hard drive at a Hollywood studio in the months after Jackson's June 25, 2009, death.

When he turned the recording device on to start a session, he heard Jackson singing "Hot Fun in the Summertime." The 1969 hit by Sly & the Family Stone is part of an extensive music catalogue that Jackson bought.

The producer said he made a backup copy of the 40 gigabytes of Jackson music and turned it over to one of the Jackson estate administrators. He asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the matter.

Another computer hard drive with music was found in Jackson's rented mansion in the days after his death, Bates said. A Jackson family member later handed the hard drive over to the estate administrators, he said.

It was not clear if any of that music will be included in the upcoming project, but Sony's Columbia Records has a contract with Jackson's estate for 10 albums of unreleased material over the next seven years.
Source: http://edition.cnn.c...bid=tRtmURIX_RC

Exclusive: New Michael Jackson Album In November
Disc includes 10 previously unreleased tracks

By  Daniel Kreps
Jul 30, 2010 11:34 AM EDT

An all-new Michael Jackson collection featuring 10 unreleased songs will be released this November, a rep for the Jackson estate exclusively tells Rolling Stone. At the time of his death Jackson reportedly left hard drives filled with unheard music, much of it recorded during the King of Pop's '80s peak. Jackson's manager Frank DiLeo told RS that he estimates that Jackson's vaults contain more than 100 completed and unreleased songs, including collaborations with Akon, Will.i.am and Ne-Yo. "There are a couple of songs we recorded for the Bad album that we had to cut that are just sensational," DiLeo said.

"Every time that [Jackson] recorded, he over-recorded. He would record anywhere from 20 to 30 songs for each album," former Sony Music CEO Tommy Mottola told RS last year. Any of them could have been as big a hit as the ones that came out." One of the most noteworthy tracks was a Thriller outtake titled "Don't Be Messin' Around." Other candidates include any of the reported five songs that Jackson recorded with Will.i.am.

Last year, a pair of unreleased Jackson tracks, "Another Day" and "A Place With No Name," leaked, and recently Rodney Jerkins, who co-produced Jackson's 2001 album Invincible, revealed to VladTV that he's currently working on the collection.

As Rolling Stone previously reported, the album of never-before-heard Jackson songs will be the first in a 10-project, seven-year deal the Jackson estate inked with Sony Music in March 2010 — a $250 million pact that will also include reissues of Jackson's classic albums, new greatest hits sets, a DVD collection of all Michael's music videos and possibly a Cirque du Soleil show. The hybrid karaoke and dance simulator Michael Jackson: The Video Game is also expected out by the end of 2010.
Source: http://www.rollingst...ws/17386/186832

Im almost torn, I feel that he never published them because they were not perfect. He was very into perfect. At the same time I cant wait to hear him again. Buy his music once again.

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
Mark Ronson Working On New Michael Jackson Album

Mark Ronson is working on a forthcoming Michael Jackson album that includes unreleased songs by the star, it has emerged.

The producer's involvement with the album, which is due out next month, was revealed by Travie McCoy.

The Gym Class Heroes frontman told BBC Newsbeat: "I think Mark [Ronson's] actually working on one. He was telling me that he's working on one."

When asked at the Q Awards if McCoy's comment was true, Ronson replied: "He's a naughty boy. I can't talk. I don't even know if I'm allowed to open my mouth about that.”

Jackson had been working on a batch of new material before his sudden death last year.

Meanwhile, a previously unseen Jackson video is set to be included on a new DVD release which features his entire collection of music videos.

The three DVD boxset of 40 videos, entitled 'Michael Jackson's Vision', is due to be released on November 22.
Source: gigwise.com

Dirty_Scarecrow

Dirty_Scarecrow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
WHO WILL BUY THE NEW ALBUM?????????????????

its named IN THE FUTURE !
we are forever.. u are forever..

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I will buy the album, but I'm more curious to hear the new album as opposed to the normal excitement of a new Michael Jackson album release. This will really be the first album since Michael's last solo Motown album 'Forever, Michael', that has no input from Michael as far as song selection and producers go.

I'm not pleased to hear Mark Ronson is said to be working on Michael's new album of unreleased songs. I personally think it's best only the songs Michael fully completed over his adult life over last 30yrs or so are released. I don't like the idea of demos being taken with unfinished music etc, and having other artists create music on top of Michael's vocals and guideline compostions.

If Michael's unreleased music of from 1979-87, or 1991-97 etc is being released, and it needs overdubs etc, than people who worked with Michael during those periods then producers like Quincy Jones, Teddy Riley, Bill Bottrell, Dallas Austin, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis and Rodney Jerkins etc should if possible work on the songs from their period of collaborating with Michael. Also if a new album is released, it should be mastered Bruce Swedien and no one else. I think all unfinished music and demos should be left alone, and if they are released it should be as a boxset like The Ultmate Collection, not as an album designed to make No.1 in the charts.

I'm not sure if this new album, is of new songs Michael recorded over the last few years, or unreleased songs from 1979-97.

Edited by Ben S, 02 November 2010 - 05:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users