Welcome to MJPC!

If you L.O.V.E. to share photos and discuss anything and everything about the King Of Pop, you've come to the right place! Have rare MJ photos to trade? Email us at photos@mjphotoscollectors.com! Want to help support our site? Donate $5 (or more) here! Or, become a VIP Member! for access to thousands of high res watermark free photos in our password protected galleries! Enjoy your visit!!

Lisa Marie Talks About MJ On Oprah

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Yvonne Hime

Yvonne Hime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
This coming Wednesday, October 6th, Lisa Marie Presley will be the featured guest on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Presley is expected to talk about the death of Michael Jackson, reflect on their marriage and explore parallels between the King of Pop and her father, Elvis Presley.
Source: MJFC
Posted Image
Posted Image

Yvonne Hime

Yvonne Hime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

View PostYvonne Hime, on 04 October 2010 - 06:02 PM, said:

This coming Wednesday, October 6th, Lisa Marie Presley will be the featured guest on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Presley is expected to talk about the death of Michael Jackson, reflect on their marriage and explore parallels between the King of Pop and her father, Elvis Presley.
Source: MJFC

According to the Oprah Winfrey Show website, Wednesday's episode WILL NOT be the Lisa Marie Presley interview.  :(

Edited by Yvonne Hime, 07 October 2010 - 03:55 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

View PostYvonne Hime, on 07 October 2010 - 03:54 PM, said:

According to the Oprah Winfrey Show website, Wednesday's episode WILL NOT be the Lisa Marie Presley interview.  :(

Interesting, as I was wondering why there was no news on MJ fan sites about the Oprah Winfrey interview with Lisa Marie Presley. Is the Lisa Marie Presley interview pre-recorded ?

Stevie

Stevie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
This will be interesting, I remember seeing the 2005 interview they both did together.

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I think the Lisa Marie Presley interview is part of the Katherine Jackson interview Oprah has been filming at the Jackson family Encino home (which is owned by Michael, so it will be the property of Prince, Paris and Blanket when they are adults).

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
Puh, no good feelings about another Oprah special because of too many disappointments in the past.

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

View PostMJSunshine, on 14 October 2010 - 02:58 PM, said:

Puh, no good feelings about another Oprah special because of too many disappointments in the past.

I see your point. I can't stand Oprah, as she really stabbed Michael in the back. But I think this interview will mainly focus on being positive about Michael. Oprah feels guilty for wrongly judging Michael, and I for one will never forgive her and I know from reading Taj and Randy Jackson's posts on Twitter that they both hate Oprah. But she's doing this show really for herself to rid herself of the guilt by showing the human side of Michael through his mother Katherine were her viewers will she Oprah got Michael wrong. I'm sure there will be remarks or voice overs by Oprah us fans will disagree with, but I think it's going to be positive for Michael. I just wish Katherine had chosen to be interviewed by Larry King instead of the two faces self-obsessed Oprah. As all Oprah's shows are about her, ie she does shows about children and how they should be brought up, and she doesn't even have children.

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts

View PostBen S, on 15 October 2010 - 03:17 PM, said:

But she's doing this show really for herself to rid herself of the guilt by showing the human side of Michael
I doubt that, but we will see.

What I don't get - why does Lisa have to talk about her marriage again? She did that in 2005, making fun of it during a time that was one of the darkest in Michael's life. We know her opinion, we know Oprah's - everything different they will say now doesn't seem sincere. Both women jump on the train of the commom public opinion - in 2005 they made fun of him. In 2010, when the world somehow sees MJ in a different light - they do the same.

The LMP interview is set to be aired next Thursday...
Posted Image
http://www.oprah.com...Michael-Jackson

m&ms

m&ms

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 94 posts

View PostMJSunshine, on 16 October 2010 - 11:26 AM, said:

I doubt that, but we will see.

What I don't get - why does Lisa have to talk about her marriage again? She did that in 2005, making fun of it during a time that was one of the darkest in Michael's life. We know her opinion, we know Oprah's - everything different they will say now doesn't seem sincere. Both women jump on the train of the commom public opinion - in 2005 they made fun of him. In 2010, when the world somehow sees MJ in a different light - they do the same.

Me either. Bad taste. But not that I am surprised. I am sure we will hear again at how much she cries over his loss. LMP feels guilty. And she should. She walked away. She married another (two other). She had children with another. She should be sorry.

Why anyone would give a wet f*rt about what she has to say I don't know. She's the well of wisdom now cause she was the one close enough? The one who RIPPED HIS HEART OUT by not wanting his children!!! Makes my queasy in my stomach.... but hey... everyone is on his side now, aren't they?

'Nuff said.

Yvonne Hime

Yvonne Hime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
:rolleyes: The much anticipated Oprah interview with Lisa Marie Presley is now scheduled to air on Thursday, October, 21st.  

Presley is expected to speak about her ex-husband, Michael Jackson ( :wub: ), their misunderstood marriage and his death ( :( ).

source:MJFC

Edited by Yvonne Hime, 17 October 2010 - 06:26 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Yvonne Hime

Yvonne Hime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
http://www.oprah.com...chael-Jackson/1
Posted Image
Posted Image

SHARIH

SHARIH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I thought it was a good interview. I wish there was less commercials and more interview. Lisa Marie was sincere. I believe she really wishes she could go back in time and help him; although, she didn't say that. She truely loves him and will probably never forgive herself for his pain.

MrsEO84

MrsEO84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I hated it. Some of it was lies, and I think she omitted alot of stuff. I dont like her or Oprah. I feel like Oprah's always had an agenda to demean him and paint him as this 'drug addict' without figuring out why, or knowing why besides the physical issues he's had. And she seems to completely ignore that he didn't die of a drug overdose or an accident. He was killed by someone else, someone who's currently being brought up on charges.

As far as Lisa goes, I dont get why she's painting herself as his widow, and making it all about her. There wasnt one reference to feeling bad fr his kids in being the same age she was when her father died. Its just all about her.

Yvonne Hime

Yvonne Hime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
"As far as Lisa goes, I dont get why she's painting herself as his widow, and making it all about her. There wasnt one reference to feeling bad fr his kids in being the same age she was when her father died. Its just all about her."

you are so right! :(

Lisa wanted to look as the love of MJ's life...the most important woman for him etc.
As for Oprah... looking for rating! "selling out souls" FOR PUBLICITY!
some things are intimate, personal... you don't have to shout them in a televised interview. And is too late... why didn't Lisa spoke "her love" why he was still alive? Ohh...yes! because she was too busy throwing dirt on his image...
Posted Image
Posted Image

StayWMe

StayWMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
So many of Michael's fans are so hateful.  What gives?  Jealousy?  Why not see that Michael was human, and not an angel?
I think that those of we fans tend to think he was infallible.  It just isn't so.  I'm sure that if Lisa had had a choice, she would not have had to bear the anger and hate bestowed upon her by fans because she is Elvis's daughter, or because she was Michael's wife, at one time.  From what I have seen and read and heard, Lisa is the only wife he truly cared for. Michael was a wonderful man, but he was/is a man, and she had a heart that could be hurt too.  Was she supposed to be destroyed because she didn't agree with all that she had to confront while married to him?

Put yourself in her place.  What would you do if someone else was volunteering to have your husband's baby, when you are trying to keep him healthy and from harm?   Some of us have a lot of soul searching to do.  Oprah, I'm not real fond of, but it is her job.  Why in the world would she care so much about ratings now that her show is about to end?
I think that some of us don't think logically or with the kind of heart Michael would have suggested a human being have.

Any of you who don't agree, that's fine.  Just see Michael Jackson as a human and not an angel or a God.  He could be angelic, and he could make things happen that might be seen as God-like, but like everyone else, including Lisa,  he could perish.  That is exactly what she didn't want to happen to him the way it happened. :(

Edited by StayWMe, 22 October 2010 - 06:35 PM.

MrsEO84

MrsEO84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

View PostStayWMe, on 22 October 2010 - 06:33 PM, said:

So many of Michael's fans are so hateful.  What gives?  Jealousy?  Why not see that Michael was human, and not an angel?
I think that those of we fans tend to think he was infallible.  It just isn't so.  I'm sure that if Lisa had had a choice, she would not have had to bear the anger and hate bestowed upon her by fans because she is Elvis's daughter, or because she was Michael's wife, at one time.  From what I have seen and read and heard, Lisa is the only wife he truly cared for. Michael was a wonderful man, but he was/is a man, and she had a heart that could be hurt too.  Was she supposed to be destroyed because she didn't agree with all that she had to confront while married to him?

Put yourself in her place.  What would you do if someone else was volunteering to have your husband's baby, when you are trying to keep him healthy and from harm?   Some of us have a lot of soul searching to do.  Oprah, I'm not real fond of, but it is her job.  Why in the world would she care so much about ratings now that her show is about to end?
I think that some of us don't think logically or with the kind of heart Michael would have suggested a human being have.

Any of you who don't agree, that's fine.  Just see Michael Jackson as a human and not an angel or a God.  He could be angelic, and he could make things happen that might be seen as God-like, but like everyone else, including Lisa,  he could perish.  That is exactly what she didn't want to happen to him the way it happened. :(

The only wife he cared for? What a nice thing to say about Debbie, who was his wife and is the mother of his children. If he cared so much, there wouldnt have been a divorce. And if someone was volunteering to have MY husband's baby, Id be damn pissed off and Id make sure that didn't happen; not act like some spoiled brat baby and just say whatever.

I know Michael was human. Hes not a God to me. Hes a great man who gave me so much joy in my own life through entertainment, who had to go through some crappy and awful times. Im not someone who believes he didnt make any mistakes, but Im not going to fawn over Lisa and what she's saying.

Remember, Michael is gone, and we can never get the other side of the story, other than what he said to Rabbi Schmuley and what he said in interviews, but eve nthen he didnt say much because that wasnt his style to air dirty laundry.

And of course Oprah cares about ratings, shes wants to go out with a bang!!

wlmj

wlmj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Put yourself in her place.  What would you do if someone else was volunteering to have your husband's baby, when you are trying to keep him healthy and from harm?

I would do what I promised before the marriage, having his baby. Why Debbie had the chance? LMP gave her, that's all.
I don't read anywhere that us the fan think Michael was perfect. We know he was human. Human make mistakes. I believed Michael did too but he was such a gentleman that not talked LMP's fault in a public.

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts

I absolutely agree with you about that.

Personally, I don't hate Lisa. I just won't forget the things she has done publicly in the past. And I can't really comprehend why Lisa did this interview and talk about such really private things now. Anyway, she says that she regrets a lot of the things she has said and cannot really understand the feelings she had some years ago. I understand that. Love and life is complex, so was Michael's and Lisa's. This has been a private thing between them. Michael wasn't a saint in everything he did. I think Lisa is one of few people that got to know the private Michael. They both hurt each other, it wasn't only Lisa or only MJ. I don't think any fan can comment on private things that went along between them and shouldn't judge about it. As I have said, the only thing I criticize Lisa for is her past behaviour in the public.

Michael deserves respect, even after death. What I mainly critize about this week's interview is that Oprah had to mention the allegations again. It was more than unnecessary to ask Lisa again if she had witnessed anything...  :angry:

Yvonne Hime

Yvonne Hime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I'm not a hateful fan! I don't hate Lisa..nor anybody in the world.
Sometimes....watching television and reading newspapers... I'm just a SAD FAN.

Love you MJ...with all your flaws... as you've said: "it's human nature" and "I'm only human"

Edited by Yvonne Hime, 23 October 2010 - 04:16 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

StayWMe

StayWMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

View PostMrsEO84, on 23 October 2010 - 05:42 AM, said:

The only wife he cared for? What a nice thing to say about Debbie, who was his wife and is the mother of his children. If he cared so much, there wouldnt have been a divorce. And if someone was volunteering to have MY husband's baby, Id be damn pissed off and Id make sure that didn't happen; not act like some spoiled brat baby and just say whatever.

I know Michael was human. Hes not a God to me. Hes a great man who gave me so much joy in my own life through entertainment, who had to go through some crappy and awful times. Im not someone who believes he didnt make any mistakes, but Im not going to fawn over Lisa and what she's saying.

Remember, Michael is gone, and we can never get the other side of the story, other than what he said to Rabbi Schmuley and what he said in interviews, but eve nthen he didnt say much because that wasnt his style to air dirty laundry.

And of course Oprah cares about ratings, shes wants to go out with a bang!!

Okay, the only one he was in love with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users