Welcome to MJPC!

If you L.O.V.E. to share photos and discuss anything and everything about the King Of Pop, you've come to the right place! Have rare MJ photos to trade? Email us at photos@mjphotoscollectors.com! Want to help support our site? Donate $5 (or more) here! Or, become a VIP Member! for access to thousands of high res watermark free photos in our password protected galleries! Enjoy your visit!!

"HOLD MY HAND" song from "Michael"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Yvonne Hime

Yvonne Hime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted Image
Posted Image

RockinRobin

RockinRobin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Argh, it got removed. Too bad. But thanks anyway! :)
I think Michael wanted Akon to complete the song. Both of them have worked together in the past, and I think that Michael enjoyed working with him.

m&ms

m&ms

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 94 posts

View PostRockinRobin, on 18 November 2010 - 06:11 PM, said:

Argh, it got removed. Too bad. But thanks anyway! :)
I think Michael wanted Akon to complete the song. Both of them have worked together in the past, and I think that Michael enjoyed working with him.

I can watch/listen to it though with above link.

NikolajThomsen

NikolajThomsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
It's a wonderful, WONDERFUL song! I just love it.

jimarez

jimarez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
hermosa!! greaT!!! :wub: i love mj :wub:  jajajja :lol:

._______ ๑۩۩๑_______.
LONG LIVE THE KING

Posted Image

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I wouldn't say I'm crazy about "Hold My Hand", but I like the song. I don't like the fact the majority of the song is taken up with Akon's vocals. I don't really rate Akon as an artist, I don't think he's crap, yet I don't think he's a huge talent. Because the majority of the song is of Akon's vocals I don't think "Hold My Hand" should be on the new album of unreleased songs.

I'm not sure of Michael would approve of Akon finishing the song without him. Michael always had the final say on the songs on his albums. Say like on the Invincible album, that was an album I felt Michael did too much collaboration on songwriting/composing. I that album really was a team effort in creating songs, and I'm sure Michael let some producers like Rodney Jerkins, and Teddy Riley finish some of his songs without him. But when everything was finished, it was Michael who said if the songs were good enough or not. ie Michael co-produced practically every song on that album, but the overall Executive Producer was Michael Jackson. That's not what's happened with Hold My Hand. But I will say I can't at present tell what the difference is with the demo and the the new finished version of Hold My Hand. So I'd say it's likely Michael would have approved the song, but I don't know if it would have made a real Michael Jackson album.

Edited by Ben S, 20 November 2010 - 10:48 AM.

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts

View PostBen S, on 19 November 2010 - 11:17 AM, said:

I wouldn't say I'm crazy about "Hold My Hand", but I like the song. I don't like the fact the majority of the song is taken up with Akon's vocals. I don't really rate it as an artist, I don't think he's crap, yet I don't think he's a huge talent. Because the majority of the song is of Akon's vocals I don't think "Hold My Hand" should be on the new album of unreleased songs.

I'm not sure of Michael would approve of Akon finishing the song without him. Michael always had the final say on the songs on his albums. Say like on the Invincible album, that was an album I felt Michael did too much collaboration on songwriting/composing. I that album really was a team effort in creating songs, and I'm sure Michael let some producers like Rodney Jerkins, and Teddy Riley finish some of his songs without him. But when everything was finished, it was Michael who said if the songs were good enough or not. ie Michael co-produced practically every song on that album, but the overall Executive Producer was Michael Jackson. That's not what's happened with Hold My Hand. But I will say I can't at present tell what the difference is with the demo and the the new finished version of Hold My Hand. So I'd say it's likely Michael would have approved the song, but I don't know if it would have made a real Michael Jackson album.

I think it's a beautiful song, but surely it would be much better with more MJ vocals. But just the first 10 seconds got me shaking because it's so powerful in the beginning. And with Taj's post about it, I feel very comfortable listening to the song knowing that MJ was very proud of it :)  :wub:

"HOLD MY HAND" was the last song my uncle Michael every played to me in person. He was SO PROUD OF IT. I'll never forget that smile he had on his face as the song played through the speakers (in his room) at the Palms Hotel in Vegas. After the song was over, he asked me what I honestly thought of it. I told him it was a worldwide number one song and that it was going to be a huge. He was so happy to hear that.
I did give the song one slight criticism though. I told my uncle that he needed to be singing more in the chorus and at the end of the song... lol. I said that we (the fans) would want to hear his voice more. :-)

Source: Taj's twitter

I'm not sure if Akon did a final finish without MJ... as far as I understand it, they had finished it when MJ was still alive. Look at this interview with Akon:

http://www.mtv.com/n...1118/akon.jhtml

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

View PostMJSunshine, on 20 November 2010 - 07:09 AM, said:

I think it's a beautiful song, but surely it would be much better with more MJ vocals. But just the first 10 seconds got me shaking because it's so powerful in the beginning. And with Taj's post about it, I feel very comfortable listening to the song knowing that MJ was very proud of it :)  :wub:

"HOLD MY HAND" was the last song my uncle Michael every played to me in person. He was SO PROUD OF IT. I'll never forget that smile he had on his face as the song played through the speakers (in his room) at the Palms Hotel in Vegas. After the song was over, he asked me what I honestly thought of it. I told him it was a worldwide number one song and that it was going to be a huge. He was so happy to hear that.
I did give the song one slight criticism though. I told my uncle that he needed to be singing more in the chorus and at the end of the song... lol. I said that we (the fans) would want to hear his voice more. :-)

Source: Taj's twitter

I'm not sure if Akon did a final finish without MJ... as far as I understand it, they had finished it when MJ was still alive. Look at this interview with Akon:

http://www.mtv.com/n...1118/akon.jhtml

Thanks for the information about Taj's twitter post about Michael playing the song to him. I follow Taj on twitter and did read it, but I completely forgot about him saying how proud Michael was of the song. It makes me feel better knowing Michael fully approved of Hold My Hand.

I have to say, I'm a little frustrated. Because when I first heard Hold My Hand in 2008, I just thought it was ok, when I like it more now than I did then. Of course I love Michael's vocals at the opening of the song. But I felt at that time in 2008, Michael was writing and recording too many ballard type songs, ie One More Chance (a song I love) then Hold My Hand. I'd love to hear what uptempo dance songs Michael had recorded in the 2000's post songs like Unbreakable (one of my favorite MJ songs).

Still even though I have the demo of Hold My Hand, it will be nice to hear it again when it's released next week as a download. I just can't really get in to songs listen to them via a web site, and I'm holding back on downloading the an mp3 of the song until it's released. Just like I'm not watching the "One More Chance" video in full until I receive the "Michael Jackson: Vision" DVD (wish they would do a Blu-ray release).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users