Welcome to MJPC!

If you L.O.V.E. to share photos and discuss anything and everything about the King Of Pop, you've come to the right place! Have rare MJ photos to trade? Email us at photos@mjphotoscollectors.com! Want to help support our site? Donate $5 (or more) here! Or, become a VIP Member! for access to thousands of high res watermark free photos in our password protected galleries! Enjoy your visit!!

Grammy 2011

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Apple

Apple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Michael was nominaded for best male perform for This Is It.
[img]http://http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2NSrzfd6nB4/TRDehqd9ilI/AAAAAAAAACY/iFkSfPvNQD0/s1600/sig.png[/img]

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
Interesting. I'm curious to know what the reasons were for such a decision.

Ellenna

Ellenna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I love song This Is It very much. Here that has found about it:

Michael Jackson's 'This Is It': The Past, The Present, A Perfect MJ Tune
Song showcases MJ's often-overlooked talent as a singer.

By James Montgomery

I only say this because to the casual music fan, it might not be apparent. Whether it was because so much about him — his dance moves, his style, his swagger — was so dynamic, or because he rarely spoke above a whisper, or even because he frequently peppered his verses with vocal ticks (like those oft-imitated "Hee-hee's"), Jackson remains one of the most underrated vocal artists in music history.
And that's a shame, because his voice was a wondrous thing, capable of reaching both towering heights (the final verse of "Rock With You") and depths ("Childhood"). It was technical, but it was also decidedly human, too, full of pump-priming rage ("Man in the Mirror") one minute, tethered tenderness the next ("She's Out of My Life"). It was a finely tuned instrument that, when unfurled, revealed all the pain and frustration and joy of Jackson's life ... a window inside the man's soul. It could stop you in your tracks and raise the hair on the back of your neck. It was something to behold.

But don't take my word for it. Just listen to "This Is It," the title track to Jackson's posthumous concert-film/double album that premiered at midnight on Monday (October 12). Because if anything, it's reinforcement of my original point: Jackson was a powerhouse vocalist.

The origins of the song may remain cloudy — it was reportedly written in 1980, in the fertile period between Jackson's Off the Wall and Thriller albums, and recorded in the mid-to-late '80s, in between the Bad and Dangerous albums — but really, none of that really matters: "This Is It" is a prime showcase for Jackson's prodigious pipes, which means that the best way to experience it — indeed, the best way to pay tribute to the man and his music — is to turn the volume up, sit back, and just listen.

Ignore the trilling strings, and the soft-jazz/light-funk backing track (which sort of make the song sound like Off the Wall's "I Can't Help It.") Block out the hype surrounding the song's release and the drama surrounding Jackson's death. Focus on those vocals — the way Jackson counts it in with a boyish "one, two, three, four," the way he glides from verse to verse with breathless, effortless phrasing, the lean-yet-heavy falsetto, the hint of gravel (and gravitas) is the verses, the soaring choruses — it's all there, untarnished by time or tabloids. And it's all wonderful.

In a lot of ways, "This Is It" might be the perfect Michael Jackson tune. And by that I mean, while it's by no means his best, or his most memorable, it might be his most representative. It's a mixture of his yearning early years and his messianic later period, and it shines a light on the best aspects of both: His voice.

Because, just in case you weren't aware, Michael Jackson was a hell of a singer.
http://www.mtv.com/n...._michael.jhtml

Michael Got Another Grammy Nomination!

6. Best Male Pop Vocal Performance

This Is It

Michael Jackson
Track from: This Is It

Please, vote for Michael each 20 minutes:
http://tweeter.faxo....cal_Performance

http://awards.music....al-performance#

Michael must be WInner!!!

Posted Image

Ellenna

Ellenna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Voted - clear the cookies and caches from your computer than the tick will go away and you can vote again. Go to the tool bar and clear recent history, it will show you then a box click on cookies and cashes and cancel it clears the history. Do it as often as you can.

Posted Image

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts

View PostEllenna, on 07 December 2010 - 04:59 PM, said:

Jackson remains one of the most underrated vocal artists in music history.
I totally agree with that. That brings back the wish I had since the beginning of being a MJ fan: an unplugged concert without any dancing routine... Michael just sitting on a chair and singing his songs  :wub:

Thanks for posting that 2009 article! :)

jimarez

jimarez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
nice!!

._______ ๑۩۩๑_______.
LONG LIVE THE KING

Posted Image

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I don't know why This Is It has been nominated for Best Male Performance. It's nice that Michael has been nominated, but it's not exactly a great song that inspires great vocals.

Even though I hate the way John McClain tampered with Behind The Mask on the "Michael" album. I think Behind The Mask is a song that would deserve a Best Male Performance nomination, because Michael's vocals on that song are amazing. I don't Behind The Mask is eligible for the 2011 Grammy Awards, because the "Michael" album was only released last month.

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
I don't know the nomination rules... but aren't nominations only given for songs that were released as a single in that year? This is it wouldn't fit into that criteria, either, that's why I think it's a bit strange it has been nominated.

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

View PostMJSunshine, on 07 January 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

I don't know the nomination rules... but aren't nominations only given for songs that were released as a single in that year? This is it wouldn't fit into that criteria, either, that's why I think it's a bit strange it has been nominated.

I think? there is a criteria were a song has to be released by a certain date to qualify for a Grammy release. So if the song This Is It was released in the last 3 months of 2009, it may not have been eligible for a Grammy nomination for 2010, but eligible for a 2011 nomination. It is a bit strange that This Is It has been put up for a nomination, but I've noticed this like this at the Academy Awards and the BAFTA's.

The Grammy Awards are voted for by music business executives, and some years some music labels have more say in the votes than others. So it could be possible Sony Music have pushed through This It It for a Grammy nomination. It's not in my view a great song, but if Sony have done this, then at least it's good for Michael's legacy. I think many of these awards shows are a farce anyway.

Jimmies48

Jimmies48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Can't wait to see what happens.....
Posted Image
Posted Image

ƒæncied¾

ƒæncied¾

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
http://fuse.tv/ontv/...crollTo=poll574

VOTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
you don't need to wait!

111FAS

111FAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

View PostBen S, on 07 January 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

I don't know why This Is It has been nominated for Best Male Performance. It's nice that Michael has been nominated, but it's not exactly a great song that inspires great vocals.

Even though I hate the way John McClain tampered with Behind The Mask on the "Michael" album. I think Behind The Mask is a song that would deserve a Best Male Performance nomination, because Michael's vocals on that song are amazing. I don't Behind The Mask is eligible for the 2011 Grammy Awards, because the "Michael" album was only released last month.

I love "Behind The Mask" honestly, I've been steady listening to all 10 songs on a never ending loop. I love all 10. I don't skip a song. On his other CD's like Dangerous, I skip #13 (Gone To Soon) - way too say for me to listen to. Or Invincible, I skip #12 and sometimes #10  (Don't Walk Away and You Are My Life)

I'm bias as to say which song would be a number #1 hit. I think all 10

Attached Files

"I like all our fans, even the ones who keep calling me 'cute'. But I'm getting bigger every day so they'll have to call me something else."
-Michael Jackson ~ January 1972

111FAS

111FAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Oh .... that TMZ thing, MJTruthNow is asking for the Love of Michael Jackson stop clicking on this website. It is one of the worse online tabloids ever! Thank you!  Franci
"I like all our fans, even the ones who keep calling me 'cute'. But I'm getting bigger every day so they'll have to call me something else."
-Michael Jackson ~ January 1972

AppleHeadMJJ

AppleHeadMJJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:) ^_^  

cristinadangerous

cristinadangerous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts