Welcome to MJPC!

If you L.O.V.E. to share photos and discuss anything and everything about the King Of Pop, you've come to the right place! Have rare MJ photos to trade? Email us at photos@mjphotoscollectors.com! Want to help support our site? Donate $5 (or more) here! Or, become a VIP Member! for access to thousands of high res watermark free photos in our password protected galleries! Enjoy your visit!!

New Katherine interview about MJ and his kids

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
A video of it can be seen here: abcnews.go.com

Katherine Jackson Speaks Out: Life After Michael Jackson

Late Pop Star's Mother Talks About Lawsuits and Raising Michael's Children

By ASHLEIGH BANFIELD and SARAH KUNIN
Jan. 25, 2011

She is the matriarch of a music dynasty.
Katherine Jackson who buried her most-famous son pop singer Michael Jackson almost two years ago, has been front and center since his death.

Now she's speaking out about dealing with court cases related to her son's death, lawsuits and how the family is trying to move on.

Michael Jackson died June 25, 2009 after being administered a lethal dose of propofol, a powerful intravenous sedative.

His personal doctor, Dr. Conrad Murray, is accused of killing the pop legend by allegedly administering an overdose of intravenous and prescription drugs.

Since her son's death, Katherine has been raising his three children and is a constant presence in court.

"It's been a difficult time for me ever since my son passed," said Katherine Jackson. "When I'm in that courtroom I can't stand to look at that man [Murray]…and I go because I love my son...I just feel I have to be there. It's the same way when they was accusing him of molesting, molestation…I was there every day."

Reports have said Murray attempted to hide evidence and delayed calling 911 as Jackson lay dying.

Murray's attorneys have said the doctor did nothing to cause Jackson's death.

Murray faces trial on involuntary manslaughter charges, and is expected to make an appearance in Los Angeles Superior Court today.

Dealing with Lawsuits

In addition to the case against Murray, Katherine is dealing with a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by the singer's estate, according to the Associated Press.

Her son's estate is suing Howard Mann, who runs a website that features Michael Jackson's music, video and a book Katherine is writing about Michael's life.

The lawyers representing Jackson's estate released the following statement to ABC News on the lawsuit:

"The Estate of Michael Jackson has filed suit against Howard Mann and his company to bring a stop to the unlawful use of Michael's name and likeness. The Estate had hoped Mann would voluntarily cease his conduct but that was not to be. People who trade off of Michael's personality, copyrights, and trademarks should not be allowed to exploit the legacy of one of the world's most recognized talents for their own benefit. Protecting and preserving Michael's assets are a core responsibility of the Estate and we will do everything the law permits to enforce those rights."

ABC News has licensed the video Katherine and her business partner Howard Mann have produced in response to the lawsuit. "As far as the estate suing Howard Mann, my feeling is when they're suing Howard Mann they're suing me…because I authorized the book," Katherine said.

Howard Mann said Katherine has gone through a difficult time.

"It's not just obviously the lawsuit filed against us, she's obviously going through a criminal trial towards as to the wrongful death of her son, the litigation with AEG, I think there's a lot of compound pressure right now," Mann said.

Raising Michael Jackson's Children

Amidst all of this, Katherine is talking for the first time about how different it is raising children in your 20s than in your 80s.

"Michael's children are good children, and he raised them out of love and understanding, " Katherine said. "I don't have a hard time with them, because they know what, how their father had them raised, and their very respectful and also it's a difference today."

But knowing what she knows now about kids in show business she said she would take a different approach in letting them get involved with the entertainment industry.

"I wouldn't let (them) go into business at this early of age, like Paris wants to be an actress…and I don't think Michael would have let her," she said. "He talked about he didn't have a childhood, he wanted to be more...play more."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users