Welcome to MJPC!

If you L.O.V.E. to share photos and discuss anything and everything about the King Of Pop, you've come to the right place! Have rare MJ photos to trade? Email us at photos@mjphotoscollectors.com! Want to help support our site? Donate $5 (or more) here! Or, become a VIP Member! for access to thousands of high res watermark free photos in our password protected galleries! Enjoy your visit!!

GOT IDEAS?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts
Do you have an idea on how to make the MJPC forum better or even MORE fun for our members?

Want to see new features added to the site?

Have a thought on how we can add more benefits to our VIP Memberships?

Have a cool suggestion for a new contest?

Want to suggest a new Forum for our message board?

Have a creative idea on how we can promote MJPC to expand our membership base?

Want to see new "Smilies" added to our Forum?

Have a plan for how we can continue to expand our Photos Galleries?

Maybe YOU'VE got something up your sleeve that would impress all of us that we haven't even thought of yet!!!

Post it all RIGHT HERE and we'll get to work on it!!

~~Team MJPC~~

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
I have an idea which I think would make this site and the gallery even more unique than it already is.

To me, it is always interesting to know the stories behind a picture.
So would it be possible to add a section to every picture category or album that includes either news reports (e.g. concert reviews), fans' stories about a certain appearance of Michael or quotes by Michael about a specific event (e.g. award speeches)?

I can imagine that when I, for example, click into the Thriller section - events/appearances - 1985 Madame Tussauds: then it would be great if I could click on a link providing further information like news reports from British newspapers, maybe fans' stories from that day or something similiar.

Would this be possible?

00LiClarke

00LiClarke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I personally think u guys should revise the whole V.I.P thing, because the features aint anything to shout about ;) sorry lol

Blogs - some forums feature this to its members for free.

Display name change - many forums feature this ability for free.

Avatars - only a 10pixel larger then normal? hardly worth it.

Free reputation - really i see that as fake reputation, because it will fool members into thinking someone is a good member though really all they do is pay to be here :\ reputation should be given by members to members, not freely because they pay.

Exclusive gallery - again, it would haveto feature something amazingly rare to make people want to pay.

Sorry if it comes across as rude or whatever, but i just don't see why members would, or should haveto pay for these features ;)

Clarke

www.kingofthedancefloor.com

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts

View Post00LiClarke, on 12 May 2010 - 12:06 PM, said:

I personally think u guys should revise the whole V.I.P thing, because the features aint anything to shout about ;) sorry lol

Blogs - some forums feature this to its members for free.

Display name change - many forums feature this ability for free.

Avatars - only a 10pixel larger then normal? hardly worth it.

Free reputation - really i see that as fake reputation, because it will fool members into thinking someone is a good member though really all they do is pay to be here :\ reputation should be given by members to members, not freely because they pay.

Exclusive gallery - again, it would haveto feature something amazingly rare to make people want to pay.

Sorry if it comes across as rude or whatever, but i just don't see why members would, or should haveto pay for these features ;)

Clarke

Clarke:

I'm really not sure you are comparing "apples to apples."  First off, most everything we offer and will offer on this site is "free".  Free membership, free forums, free chat, free photos gallery which will be building quite rapidly, etc., etc.

But as you know, hosting is not free.  And not all of us choose to use a "free message board" platform either.  IP.Board, IP.Gallery, IP.Chat, IP.Blogs, IP.Content, are all licenses that cost money, but are worth every penny, in my opinion.  The VIP memberships are really more "donations" to put toward the cost of the use of these licenses, and especially the hosting, which I'm sure you can attest is also not "free." And we only need a handful of these supporters to cover our costs, which is all we plan on doing as this is obviously a "labor of love" more than anything.

Most of what we offer via the VIP memberships are the ability to get what will amount to "thousands" of high res "watermark free" photos.  Since we have barely started work on building this VIP Gallery, I'm not sure how you can fairly judge something you have never seen before.  Speaking of things never seen, ya still working on sending me those "screen shots"? LOL. ;)

Ron

00LiClarke

00LiClarke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I know it isn't free, but for donations the whole "V.I.P" thing isn't the best way to go about it in my opinion, because it isn't looked at as donations though it is mentioned, its looked at as getting full benefits from the site which isn't a great deal more then what is offered anyways, plus your asking for fixed amounts, or a yearly fee, that won't work too well, people should pay a donation, a fee they wish to choose and can afford because paying fixed amounts people don't like. It was tried on MJJC and scrapped not long after ;) im only giving my personal opinion on it all.

And i'll be emailing something to you soon ;) i haven't forgot, been busy with other problems first, but i will contact ya :) you're not the only one waiting for something from me :P lol

www.kingofthedancefloor.com

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts

View Post00LiClarke, on 12 May 2010 - 12:37 PM, said:

I know it isn't free, but for donations the whole "V.I.P" thing isn't the best way to go about it in my opinion, because it isn't looked at as donations though it is mentioned, its looked at as getting full benefits from the site which isn't a great deal more then what is offered anyways, plus your asking for fixed amounts, or a yearly fee, that won't work too well, people should pay a donation, a fee they wish to choose and can afford because paying fixed amounts people don't like. It was tried on MJJC and scrapped not long after ;) im only giving my personal opinion on it all.

And i'll be emailing something to you soon ;) i haven't forgot, been busy with other problems first, but i will contact ya :) you're not the only one waiting for something from me :P lol

That subscription section isn't finished yet.  People will be able to donate $5, $10, or $25 to make it more affordable for them.  The only difference is, they won't be able to access the VIP Gallery.

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts

View PostMJSunshine, on 12 May 2010 - 05:18 AM, said:

I have an idea which I think would make this site and the gallery even more unique than it already is.

To me, it is always interesting to know the stories behind a picture.
So would it be possible to add a section to every picture category or album that includes either news reports (e.g. concert reviews), fans' stories about a certain appearance of Michael or quotes by Michael about a specific event (e.g. award speeches)?

I can imagine that when I, for example, click into the Thriller section - events/appearances - 1985 Madame Tussauds: then it would be great if I could click on a link providing further information like news reports from British newspapers, maybe fans' stories from that day or something similiar.

Would this be possible?

Hi MJSunshine.  It's a good idea, and you've given me a thought about it.  I'll let you know whatever develops of this! Are you the one who wanted to be a moderator? Someone asked about this and I couldn't find the thread yet.  Ron

billiejean

billiejean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi!!!
In the gallery section, make two different sections about the jacksons and OTW era ^_^

Nadine

Nadine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
hi, firstly thanks a lot for putting up this wonderful site.

As a newbie, I found it quite confusing to have different galleries in the j5 era for Michael's photoshoot and then the all group, when obviously, the photos of some of these photoshoots were taken at the same time or the same day. I don't really see the point of that to tell you the truth.
example: In PURPLE JACKET (MJ solo photoshoots -> 1971 Henri Diltz photoshoot), you have mj alone wearing a purple jacket, and in the J5 section of the photoshoot, under 1971 OUTSIDE, you find again photos from the same photoshoot.
Is it really necessary to have 2 different galleries for these? Wouldn't it be less confusing to only have one?

I think it would also be interesting to have a list of all the recent books (and even the old ones) that were published since Michael's passing, to know which one is really worth buying or not, which one really has good quality and rare photos, or which one is clearly not interesting at all (bad quality photos and same old photos always used). So that would probably help the fans who don't have much money or opportunity to skim through the book before buying to only acquire the very best and most interesting material. Only a thought.

And I loved MJSunshine's idea too. ;)

And I would absolutely prefer a separate gallery for The Jacksons and another one for Off the Wall, too.

Perhaps a list at the top of the forum with the names of the different mods for the gallery. So that if someone has a request or a question, he/she can contact the person 'who's in charge' directly.

so, here are some thoughts, of course, I keep in mind that this site is relatively new so of course, rome wasn't built in one day, as the saying goes, so I hope that my suggestions, or thoughts, helped a little. ;)

Thanks again for being here and making this a dream come true.

raisa

raisa

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 82 posts

View PostNadine, on 20 July 2010 - 11:21 PM, said:

As a newbie, I found it quite confusing to have different galleries in the j5 era for Michael's photoshoot and then the all group, when obviously, the photos of some of these photoshoots were taken at the same time or the same day. I don't really see the point of that to tell you the truth.
example: In PURPLE JACKET (MJ solo photoshoots -> 1971 Henri Diltz photoshoot), you have mj alone wearing a purple jacket, and in the J5 section of the photoshoot, under 1971 OUTSIDE, you find again photos from the same photoshoot.
Is it really necessary to have 2 different galleries for these? Wouldn't it be less confusing to only have one?

I've been thinking about this too lately and Ron has pointed this out to me too...
I'm still not sure what I should do since some shoots have many solo pictures of Michael and only a few group pictures... so where do I put those? solo or group...
but I think pictures like one the ones in the mickey mouse shirt should eventually go to the group section because there are so many groups shots and only a few solo shots...

Posted Image

Check out my blog with pictures of the Jackson brothers

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
Hi Nadine,

thank you for all your suggestions :)
I have an answer to some of those:

View PostNadine, on 20 July 2010 - 11:21 PM, said:

I think it would also be interesting to have a list of all the recent books (and even the old ones) that were published since Michael's passing, to know which one is really worth buying or not, which one really has good quality and rare photos, or which one is clearly not interesting at all (bad quality photos and same old photos always used). So that would probably help the fans who don't have much money or opportunity to skim through the book before buying to only acquire the very best and most interesting material. Only a thought.
That's a good idea.
I would suggest to open up a new thread in the Collector's Corner. I think this can also be extended to tribute magazines. Maybe you already have some suggesttions about great books that have been published and are worth buying? Then please open up the thread! :) I will have to look through my purchases and will contribute to that, too.

Perhaps a list at the top of the forum with the names of the different mods for the gallery. So that if someone has a request or a question, he/she can contact the person 'who's in charge' directly.
On the bottom of all our pages, you can click on the site credits. This gives you all the information about who is managing which gallery category. You can directly go to the admins profile to contact the admin.

Nadine

Nadine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Thanks a lot MJSunshine!

Raisa, I suppose you could still keep the photoshoot of michael alone for some shoots like the one, I think it's Ochs 71 (or 70?) where michael wears this dark sweater (oh you called it 1971 GENE TRINDL) as there's quite a lot of michael alone there, and maybe merge the galleries which don't have much photos in them if separated, like for the PURPLE example I gave in my post above or the ones that make sense to be grouped together and the ones that make sense to stay in separate galleries.

Perhaps try that, see how it works and then change it if it doesn't work well... mmm. yeah, not very easy anyway.

shimmerysocks

shimmerysocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
What about a MJPC facebook page, youtube etc ?

Posted Image

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts

View Posttessa#2, on 12 August 2010 - 01:26 AM, said:

What about a MJPC facebook page, youtube etc ?

Hi: We are on FB: http://www.facebook....id=286395720705

I'm not too interested in doing a YT page as I'm not much into videos at the moment.  Maybe in the future.

BTW, we won't be doing a separate category for "OTW".  There are MANY reasons for this, but the biggest one is that there really is no such thing as an "OTW era."  There was no solo tour, and if you recall OTW actually came out inbetween the first and second leg of the Destiny Tour, hence the performances of RWY, OTW, DSTYGE, She's Out Of My Life, etc. on both the Destiny (second leg) & Triumph Tours.  I like the way we have the Jacksons/OTW gallery segmented out, and you notice that we have separate sections for each Jacksons Tour, as well as candids separated by year (where possible), and in the Various Candids, we do have those sorted from 1976-early 1979 and mid-1979 to early 1982.

Ron

tinyGe

tinyGe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hi, i'm from georgia and don't know well english, sorry for some mistakes  : ))
here i don't find  "living with michael jackson"'s photos. can i add this category? i have my own screenshots, good quality. and maybe i should thats add here : http://mjphotoscolle...erformances/  ?
Michael went on tour to a place called "HEAVEN"

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts
You can find it added for you right here! http://mjphotoscolle...v-performances/

Michaelicious829

Michaelicious829

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think you should add a triva section to see who the real Michael Jackson fans are. You know add random triva about Michael..then have another section to see how much they know!!

Michaelicious829

Michaelicious829

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
oh yeah..have a triva statement of the day!!

Neverland101

Neverland101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
From what i saw you guys had a different way to view photos?!(yesterday 9-19-11). However, you had it changed back the original way (today 9-20-11). And i have to say to keep it Original, because upgraded version was just too had to deal with/save pictures. of course i was willing to go through the hassel saving them because it's MICHAEL! My point is that you should Not change it because it's fine the way it is.(even though it's changed back already)
  Well thanks for taking time to hear my opinion!:)

Edited by Neverland101, 20 September 2011 - 10:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users