Welcome to MJPC!

If you L.O.V.E. to share photos and discuss anything and everything about the King Of Pop, you've come to the right place! Have rare MJ photos to trade? Email us at photos@mjphotoscollectors.com! Want to help support our site? Donate $5 (or more) here! Or, become a VIP Member! for access to thousands of high res watermark free photos in our password protected galleries! Enjoy your visit!!

Gallery Admins! Introduce Yourself Here!!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts
Hello Everyone!

KT a/k/a J5 Collector suggested a thread for the Gallery Admins to introduce yourselves and tell a bit about your "MJ interests."  So it would be cool for each of you to post to this thread and do just that! BTW, thanks always for all your hard work in making what will be the largest and most comprehensive gallery of MJ photos on the planet!

For your reference, here is a list of our Gallery Admins/contributors:
http://mjphotoscolle...p?/page/credits

Ron

Billie Jean

Billie Jean

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 75 posts
Hello! My name is Christine. I manage the Thriller era.

About me: I love Michael! It hurts that he is gone, but he lives forever in my heart and my life. I have always been fascinated by Michael, the man and his music since I was a little girl in the Jacksons/Off the Wall era.  I especially love the Thriller era because I was in high school from 1983-1987 and I just have so many memories tied to Michael, either on my wall, in my cassette player or on the radio, tv, etc.  

Favorite MJ song: The Lady In My Life
Favorite MJ album: Thriller
Favorite MJ photoshoot:  Todd Grey 1983 Red Black Stripes

I am so happy to share my love of Michael with you! Thank you for sharing your memories, pictures and experiences with ME! Posted Image

Posted Image

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts
Hi Christine! That siggy of yours is cool and you look "Milfilicious"  :P

raisa

raisa

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 82 posts
Hi!
My name is Raisa and I manage the J5-era gallery.

I'm 20 years old and I'm still studying, that means I should be studying now for my exams so I won't have much time to upload more next month or so but I'll be back before you know it, adding new, rare, cute J5 era pictures!

I'm not really sure when I became a MJ fan... I think it was 2006 or something like that...
I'm now going to tell you all how I became a fan, this will be a long story so skip this bit if you don't like reading, LOL.

So, I got my first mp3 player and I needed mp3s from iTunes to put on my brand new mp3player!
I knew there was this song of Michael Jackson that I always loved but I had no idea what the title of the song was or when it was released.
So I began searching youtube for the right song.
I thought it was a pretty recent song so I searched for 'Michael Jackson New' but I just couldn't find the song I wanted!
I had no idea what the lyrics were either; English isn't my first language, I just knew the melody!
While searching youtube I saw SO many amazing videos of Michael dancing, I was blown away!
I began discovering new songs, thaught myself how to do the moonwalk and the sidewalk (LOL  :lol: ) and then finally I found the song I was looking for!
It turned out to be 'Human Nature' which is still one of my favourite songs of all time.
It took me so long to find it since I thought it was pretty recent while it was actually 25 years old...
Later I discovered the songs of little Michael and his brothers.
I don't know why, maybe because I'm so curious and there's still so much to discover about the J5 era for me, but I instantly loved all of them. :)
I found the mjjvault to be a good 'J5 home' with lots of other people to share my J5 passion with. (Thank you all for sharing so many experiences and knowledge with me :))
And since there's no decent J5 gallery around, I started my own J5 photo collection.
With Ron's help, my collection quickly became pretty big, and now I'm happy to share it here.
I'm determined to make this the best J5 gallery on the planet :D.
And a little help is always welcome offcourse ;)

Favorite MJ song: Human Nature
Favorite MJ album: Off the wall
Favorite MJ photoshoot: I have no idea, there are too many of them!

Posted Image

Check out my blog with pictures of the Jackson brothers

Virginie

Virginie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi Everybody!

My name is Virginie. I am French. I have been a huge Michael fan since the Thriller days. I discovered him with the Billie Jean video. I was 10 year old then. I immediately fell for his voice, his dance moves, his eyes...I started collecting everything about the man and was dreaming to see him one day!

This dream came true when I could attend one of the two shows of the Bad Tour in Paris, Parc des Princes. One of my two best Michael memories! I remember every minute, every song, every smell, what I wore, just everything!
I attended three shows from the Dangeous Tour and MANY from the History Tour, the first one being Prague, the last one Ostende, Belgium. Also the MJ & Friends show in Munich in June 1999.

I saw Michael many times off stage and have been lucky enough to meet him too. My first meeting is my other best memory! It was in Disneyland Paris in February 1996. I had never met such a sweet, handsome, caring, humble man.

My main interests are PHOTOS!! Also videos & CDs.

Favourite song: Billie Jean (because I'll always remember the first time I ever saw Michael on TV in that video)
Favourite album: honestly I don't know. I am a huge Quincy Jones fan so probably one from the Quincy/ Michael trilogy but I love the other albums just as much!
Favourite photos: anything from the Bad Tour in Paris and candids taken in Disneyland Paris and the Disney Store in Paris. I LOVE the photoshoots for Vanity Fair in 1989 and from AMAs and Grammies 1984.

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
Dear Christine, Raisa and Virginie,
thank you for telling us more about you.

I agree with Ron that your siggy is really special, Christine.

Raisa, I have met you on mjjvault and always thought you were a lifelong fan since the J5 days because your knowledge and pics about the J5 really impressed me. Now I am vey surprised to see that you are a quite young fan  :blush:
The story of how you became a fan really made me smile. The MJ magic catched you that day on youtube  :)

Virginie, I would love to hear more about your MJ experiences. Maybe you can share some more of your memories in the "Remember the time" section some time in the future?

Thank you all for your generosity and hard work with building up this gallery!

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts

View PostMJSunshine, on 21 May 2010 - 04:15 PM, said:

Dear Christine, Raisa and Virginie,
thank you for telling us more about you.

I agree with Ron that your siggy is really special, Christine.

Raisa, I have met you on mjjvault and always thought you were a lifelong fan since the J5 days because your knowledge and pics about the J5 really impressed me. Now I am vey surprised to see that you are a quite young fan  :blush:
The story of how you became a fan really made me smile. The MJ magic catched you that day on youtube  :)

Virginie, I would love to hear more about your MJ experiences. Maybe you can share some more of your memories in the "Remember the time" section some time in the future?

Thank you all for your generosity and hard work with building up this gallery!

And/Or maybe "Nini" will decide to do a "blog" on our site! *wink*

MJCatalog

MJCatalog

Gallery Admin

• Administrators
  • 17 posts
Hello everybody Posted Image

here's Laura and I manage the Bad era...

I've been a Michael's fan and huge collector since 1979, when I was a little young girl.

My brother was a deejay and used to air "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" which made me craaaaaaaazy. I always asked him for this tune and I hid it to my parents 'cos phone bills were damned expensive at that time !

Actually, I didn't know title of this song but the melody and never knew who was the artist, the owner of that magical voice, until my brother brought me that promo single as a birthday gift.
From that moment on, with the help of a dictionary, I tried to understand what Michael was saying, being a native Italian and having studied only French as a second language.

Some years later, I switched the tv on and saw Billie Jean's video !
I didn't realize immediately he was the same Michael Jackson of "Don't Stop..." and I was amazed and so excited for this...

It was in my destiny and since then I became a Michael addicted at 360° , starting collecting everything I could see around my town and in my various trips, not to neglect the fact I found so many penpals from any corner of the planet to trade our expensive and fantastic items ( nothing to be compared to auctions sites now), and it was so exciting...

After growing and being able to travel alone, I followed all the Tours starting from the Bad Tour in Rome '88 up to MSG 30th Anniversary Celebration and saw something like 150 live concerts and most of his international appearances up to 2005...

I was expected to attend some of TII's concerts too and especially the one on my birthday in February, but it's better no comment about it...

Now, I hope I'll be able to let you enjoy with what I'm gonna do here, uploading as many pictures as possible of those events I attended along these 30 fantastic unforgettable years...

Take care

Laura

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts

View PostMJCatalog, on 25 May 2010 - 06:51 PM, said:

Hello everybody Posted Image

here's Laura and I manage the Bad era...

I've been a Michael's fan and huge collector since 1979, when I was a little young girl.

My brother was a deejay and used to air "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" which made me craaaaaaaazy. I always asked him for this tune and I hid it to my parents 'cos phone bills were damned expensive at that time !

Actually, I didn't know title of this song but the melody and never knew who was the artist, the owner of that magical voice, until my brother brought me that promo single as a birthday gift.
From that moment on, with the help of a dictionary, I tried to understand what Michael was saying, being a native Italian and having studied only French as a second language.

Some years later, I switched the tv on and saw Billie Jean's video !
I didn't realize immediately he was the same Michael Jackson of "Don't Stop..." and I was amazed and so excited for this...

It was in my destiny and since then I became a Michael addicted at 360° , starting collecting everything I could see around my town and in my various trips, not to neglect the fact I found so many penpals from any corner of the planet to trade our expensive and fantastic items ( nothing to be compared to auctions sites now), and it was so exciting...

After growing and being able to travel alone, I followed all the Tours starting from the Bad Tour in Rome '88 up to MSG 30th Anniversary Celebration and saw something like 150 live concerts and most of his international appearances up to 2005...

I was expected to attend some of TII's concerts too and especially the one on my birthday in February, but it's better no comment about it...

Now, I hope I'll be able to let you enjoy with what I'm gonna do here, uploading as many pictures as possible of those events I attended along these 30 fantastic unforgettable years...

Take care

Laura

Hi Laura! Nice to meet you ;-) *sigh* You had me at hello.  You had me at HELLO!!

MJCatalog

MJCatalog

Gallery Admin

• Administrators
  • 17 posts

View PostMJPC, on 25 May 2010 - 07:51 PM, said:

Hi Laura! Nice to meet you ;-) *sigh* You had me at hello.  You had me at HELLO!!

Nice to you meet u too Admin...  Posted Image

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
^ When did you both first meet?  :)

Laura, thanks for introducing yourself. Great read and great to have you here. I have heard so much about you already.

I know you could write at least 100 books about your MJ fan life :)
I am really open-mouthed to hear about how often you have seen Michael  :o

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts

View PostMJSunshine, on 26 May 2010 - 03:53 AM, said:

^ When did you both first meet?  :)

Laura, thanks for introducing yourself. Great read and great to have you here. I have heard so much about you already.

I know you could write at least 100 books about your MJ fan life :)
I am really open-mouthed to hear about how often you have seen Michael  :o

Do you mean me and Laura? We've never met.  And I've never met "Nini" either.  Or you.  Or anyone else.  Maybe I don't even exist.  I could be an AI experiment somewhere in a lab.  A sick, twisted experiment gone terribly wrong.  Like Frankenstein's monster. :o

raisa

raisa

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 82 posts
^^LOL!! :lol:  :D

I knew there was something wrong  ;) :lol:

Posted Image

Check out my blog with pictures of the Jackson brothers

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
LOL at Ron  :lol:
It seems like I misinterpreted your post.

m&ms

m&ms

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 94 posts
Hi Everyone!

Better late than never... I am Manu and manage the HIStory Gallery.

I've been a Michael fan since the BAD Album consciously and since the Thriller album subconsciously. According to my aunt and mother I used to listen to Thriller ALL the time. I do not remember this at all. I remember being "sold" with the Grammy 1988 performance.

From then and there he was it for me. The one and only.

I was allowed to go to see two Bad Tour Concerts (had a ticket for a third, but was not allowed to go!!). Like a vampire thirsts for blood, I knew I needed more Michael. So with the Dangerous Tour I could do 9 shows in 1992 (plus Paris where I eventually did not attend the concert but stayed at the hotel) and 3 in 1993 (Bangkok and Singapore).

And here comes the reason why I opted for the HIStory gallery: I saw Michael in 1994 in Budapest, 1995 in Cologne, 1996 in London, Cologne, Budapest, Prague, Budapest again, Bucharest, Moscow, Warsaw and Amsterdam. The 1997 Tour I followed starting in Bremen in May and ended in Copenhagen with his Birthday concert 29 August 1997. I have not totalled up the HIStory shows I attended, but I think it's about 37 or so.

I am fortunate enough to have many, many encounters with Michael locked away in my memory. Small gestures, shorts chats, beautiful eye contact, sign-language "conversations", and, yes also an ugly picture taken (he was gorgeous though :-) at one of our meetings. Funnily enough it is not the meetings that stand out in my memory, but some shorter, maybe smaller, moments that happened along the way.

My friend and I travelled together and we were known to Michael as "M & M's", hence the m&ms..

Favourite song: I honestly don't know. My top three are We've had enough, Billie Jean, and Give in to me.

Having said that I hear Dirty Diana and Keep the faith screaming in my head... So I don't know really

Favourite album - as the whole concept: Dangerous

Favourite Video: Who Is It

Favourite Photos: Anything that got Michael on em. I am especially fond of the Bad times (that's when it all started) and the Dangerous and HIStory times (that's where the memories are).

Last but not least, I want to say, I miss him now and forever, in this world and the next, and beyond this universe. I'll never let you part, for you're always in my heart, Michael.

love,
manu

PS: I forgot NYC 1995, Monte Carlo 1996, Munich and Cannes 1997, Vienna 1998 :-))

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts
Manuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! Great post! Expect a reply from me soon.  I've been in "uploading mode" since last night, and I know you KNOW how that is (it's totally addicting!)

Like a vampire thirsts for blood, I knew I needed more Michael.
I LOVE this!!

And here comes the reason why I opted for the HIStory gallery: I saw Michael in 1994 in Budapest, 1995 in Cologne, 1996 in London, Cologne, Budapest, Prague, Budapest again, Bucharest, Moscow, Warsaw and Amsterdam. The 1997 Tour I followed starting in Bremen in May and ended in Copenhagen with his Birthday concert 29 August 1997. I have not totalled up the HIStory shows I attended, but I think it's about 37 or so.
:o :o :o

m&ms

m&ms

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 94 posts
Yeah Ron, I see you been working. I've been getting myself organised too. somwhat LOL :P

MJPC

MJPC

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 300 posts

View Postm&ms, on 28 May 2010 - 08:33 PM, said:

Yeah Ron, I see you been working. I've been getting myself organised too. somwhat LOL :P

I know, I am LOVING this! I got OTW to 1000+ and next will be Trial/TII.  I'll be in touch soon to answer your questions...

Billie Jean

Billie Jean

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 75 posts
It is so nice to meet all of you. We should do a meet up sometime, in the US or wherever! I love hearing about your experiences.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users