Welcome to MJPC!

If you L.O.V.E. to share photos and discuss anything and everything about the King Of Pop, you've come to the right place! Have rare MJ photos to trade? Email us at photos@mjphotoscollectors.com! Want to help support our site? Donate $5 (or more) here! Or, become a VIP Member! for access to thousands of high res watermark free photos in our password protected galleries! Enjoy your visit!!

J5 era - need help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Nadine

Nadine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Any idea where I should add this picture?

I have a vague feeling that it may be from the UK tour in 1972, when the boys were presented to the queen, but I have absolutely nothing to back that up. Can you help?

Attached Files

raisa

raisa

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 82 posts

View PostNadine, on 22 July 2010 - 03:27 PM, said:

Any idea where I should add this picture?

I have a vague feeling that it may be from the UK tour in 1972, when the boys were presented to the queen, but I have absolutely nothing to back that up. Can you help?

That's the royal variety lineup
I put more of these here:
http://mjphotoscolle...ndon-palladium/
But I'm not 100% sure this was at the london palladium.

Posted Image

Check out my blog with pictures of the Jackson brothers

Nadine

Nadine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
thanks! I've added my photo to the album. I had not seen the two b&w you already had put there.
I don't know either if that was at the palladium or elsewhere though.

Nadine

Nadine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Another question.

I stumbled upon quite a handful of early years photos on this website that I'm rather curious about.

I think this one is from 1969 as michael is dressed almost like on the Ed sullivan show performance, but I had never seen those 2 pictures before, anybody knows anything about them?

Photo 1
Photo 2

From that interesting website

And I was also wondering if the pictures that are in the MJ Solo photoshoots gallery, under the subcategory 'Jean jacket' in 1973 Jim Britt' really are from 1973 because some of those are in the inside cover of the album Forever Michael, and that album was released in Jan 1975 (as you know). So, don't you thing that the photoshoot is more like from 1974 than 1973? that would make more sense to me, although I may be wrong. I always thought these pics were from 1974. What do you think?

Edited by Nadine, 24 July 2010 - 05:09 PM.

raisa

raisa

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 82 posts
All I know about those 2 photos is that they come from that j5secrets site originally.
I think they're very early pictures too, 1969 could be right. Marlon and Michael are still the same size and Jermaine & Tito look really young to me too. I've always wondered where these pictures were taken and why Jackie's not in these pictures... Maybe this was a educational trip with their teacher, miss Fine (was miss Fine already with them in 1969?). Jackie was already 18 in 1969 so maybe he wasn't home-schooled anymore.
I'm just guessing... And maybe a trip is unlikely since they look like they're dressed up for a proper fotoshoot. Still... if it was a J5 photoshoot, where's Jackie? Oh,... I really don't know

About the Jim Britt shoot; I've never seen an 'official' date with the pictures but I was always pretty sure they were 1973. Some of those pictures were used in the 1975 Forever, Michael album but that doesn't mean anything since the album cover itself is from 1973 too.
Corey proved this since they used the exact same photo in the 1973 Soultrain performance:

I even think that it looks like this performance and the photoshoot were at about the same time.
Then again... he still had that short haircut in the 1947 Bob Hope special... (http://mjphotoscolle...b-hope-special/)
The soultrain performance was aired in november 1973. So the shoot will probably be either the end of 1973 or beginning 1974.

I like discussing J5 pictures with you!:D

Posted Image

Check out my blog with pictures of the Jackson brothers

Nadine

Nadine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Thanks a lot!

about the 1969 ones, could it be Jackie who's actually taking the pics and why he's not on them? (wild theory). It would be nice if we could ask him directly heh. The crane/roadwork truck makes me think 'Gary' (wasn't Joe a crane driver or something?) but there's no way to know if it is related here or not.

Hey I like talking J5 too ;)
And thanks for the 1973 explanations, see, I didn't know about the Soultrain and cover pics. Always learn something new everyday! :D
I've added some pics in this Jim Britt gallery btw. Still need to scan one or two left I have tho.

jimarez

jimarez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
thanks!! jejeje the jackson 5 wooo!!jajaja

._______ ๑۩۩๑_______.
LONG LIVE THE KING

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users