Welcome to MJPC!

If you L.O.V.E. to share photos and discuss anything and everything about the King Of Pop, you've come to the right place! Have rare MJ photos to trade? Email us at photos@mjphotoscollectors.com! Want to help support our site? Donate $5 (or more) here! Or, become a VIP Member! for access to thousands of high res watermark free photos in our password protected galleries! Enjoy your visit!!

Jackson 5 Live at the Forum

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

J5 Collector

J5 Collector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
I just got the new Jackson 5 Live at the Forum cd, and it is AMAZING!  Hearing the group live in two different L.A. concerts, one recorded in 1970 and one in 1972, is a wonderful thing. Michael's vocals are amazing, and his patter between songs is hilarious, especially in the 1970 concert. The booklet that comes with the cd is also filled with rare photos from the early years, including a funny one of Michael balancing a quarter on his nose.

It's kind of expensive at $40, but really worth every penny.  A must-have set for every fan of Michael. More info, including audio clips, at http://j5live.tumblr.com/
Posted Image

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
Thank you for your thoughts and the link. There are some great photos on this site, so I'm looking forward to get my CD to take a look at the booklet you have mentioned. I thought it would be released June 29?  :unsure:
The samples sound good and the quality seems to be really great :)

What's your fave part from the CD?

tinamjj

tinamjj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I totally agree with you J5 collector!  :)

I think it is a wonderful CD and the booklet was also a pleasant surprise.
The photo with little Michael with the quarter on his nose is really amazing. My favorite one.
It moved me too.
I see his spirit there.. his childood.. how it should have been.. his joy.. sorry i can't explain any better, my english in not helping! -_-

The quality of the sound is good and for me it was a rare experience to listen to a J5 concert.

In Italy it was released around mid July.
I'm sorry it is so expensive in the Us!  :wacko:
It's cheaper here.

Recommended!

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I got my Jackson 5: Live At The Forum yesterday. I love it and can really feel the energy from it, shame there isn't a video DVD of the concert as well.

I love both the 1970 and 1972 concerts, and I love every song on it that Michael sings lead vocals. You can tell that the Jackson 5 are still new to headline pop star concerts, as far as musicianship goes, in the 1970 performance of Live At The Forum on some songs like I Want You Back which doesn't sound full, but it still sounds good. But the musicianship of Tito, Jermaine, and their friends Johnny Jackson and Ronnie Rancifer is still amazing on the majority of the songs. And that fact that they are all still teenagers, makes it even more amazing. Michael already sounds in his element, like he's been a superstar for years. I love the rawness if the 1970 concert, and prefer the 1970 performance of Walk On to the 1972 performance of it. I just love the song Walk On. Don't Know Why I Love You, sounds just as good as the recorded version of the song on the ABC album. There Was A Time sounds amazing, love Michael's vocals and musicianship of the song by his brothers. The performance of Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin is brilliant, and when Michael and his brothers sing "we thank you" etc to Diana Ross the harmony of Michael and his brothers is beautiful and brings a happy tear to my eyes. And also makes me think how the media could be so horrible to Michael and his family when they have given the world so much beautiful music and love.

The 1972 concert shows the musicianship of the Jackson 5 perfected, and Brand New Thing just jumps right out of the CD and makes me feel like I'm at that concert. Michael's brothers backing vocals are also amazing. I love the fact that by 1972 the Jackson 5 aren't just playing the songs exactly how they sound on albums, but they are extending them. Michael's performance of Rockin' Robin is funky and energetic. And I'm amazed how mature Michael sounds during the speaking intro to Ain't No Sunshine. He's just a kid in his early teens, and he talks like a man who's had his heart badly broken by a woman. That is one amazing performance.

Anyone who considers Michael's career at Motown with the Jackson 5 and as a solo artist as just teen pop music, is really underestimating this very important part of the start of Michael's career. Because both of the concerts on Live At the Forum, show how sophisticated the Jackson 5 were live in 1970 and 1972, and how sophisticated their music was and still is.

My favorites on CD 1 & 2 not in order are ....

June 20, 1970 Record-Breaking Show
01. I Want You Back
02. Feeling Alright
03. Who's Lovin' You
04. Walk On
05. Don't Know Why I Love You
06. ABC
07. There Was A Time

August 26, 1972 Return Engagement
01. Brand New Thing
02. Sugar Daddy
03. Rockin' Robin
04. Got To Be There
05. Aint No Sunshine
06. Never Can Say Goodbye
07. Walk On

Edited by Ben S, 03 August 2010 - 10:42 PM.

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
This was a good read, thank you.
I totally agree with you... one thing that impressed me most was the way Michael was talking to the audience during the songs. You really don't expect this to be a 11-year-old boy. The professionalism of the brothers is impressing.

I can't get the songs into an order so far, need to listen to it again later :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users