Welcome to MJPC!

If you L.O.V.E. to share photos and discuss anything and everything about the King Of Pop, you've come to the right place! Have rare MJ photos to trade? Email us at photos@mjphotoscollectors.com! Want to help support our site? Donate $5 (or more) here! Or, become a VIP Member! for access to thousands of high res watermark free photos in our password protected galleries! Enjoy your visit!!

Apollo Theater To Debut Walk Of Fame Featuring Michael Jackson And James Brown

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

jay

jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
http://wcbstv.com/en....2.1684045.html

Jackson, Brown Featured At Apollo Walk Of Fame
Michael Jackson, Ella Fitzgerald Among Those To Be Honored
May 10, 2010 9:21 am US/Eastern

NEW YORK (CBS) ― The Apollo Theater is installing a Walk of Fame Monday morning.

The first plaques on the 125th Street sidewalk in front of the theater will honor entertainers who have been inducted into the Apollo Legends Hall of Fame, including: Quincy Jones, Patti Labelle, James Brown, Smokey Robinson, Michael Jackson and Ella Fitzgerald.

The construction of the Walk of Fame was announced in 2008. A ceremony will begin Monday at 11 a.m.
L.O.V.E.

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
Thanks for the news, Jay.
Michael deserves every honor in this world. His plaque will be installed in June during the award ceremony: http://www.apollotheater.org

It will look similar to his idol's one:
Posted Image

Katriona

Katriona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
What a wonderful thing!

J5 Collector

J5 Collector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
'Bout time!
Posted Image

fortherecord

fortherecord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
A fitting place for it to be put.

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
I'm a bit confused - is the Apollo Walk of Fame the same as the Apollo Hall of Fame where Michael and Aretha Franklin have been inducted to on Monday?

Michael Jackson & Aretha Franklin Honored at the Apollo Theater

The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, and the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, were inducted into the Apollo Legends Hall of Fame at the  Apollo Theater's 2010 Spring Benefit, a star-studded affair dubbed "Evening of Legends."

"Michael was the King, the true King of Pop," said actor-comedian Chris Tucker who accepted the award on behalf of the Jackson family, just shy of the one year anniversary of his death.

Tucker also reminisced about their trips to the mall, "We would be walking and people started to notice that he was Michael Jackson and all of a sudden I turned into his bodyguard."

Artists Sharon Jones and Estelle performed tribute songs for Aretha Franklin. Upon receiving her award, Jamie Foxx convinced her to sing a few bars. It didn't take Franklin long to grab the microphone from him and entertain the roaring crowd.

The night was full of humor but also had a serious tone when honoring those who have passed like Jackson.

Leslie Uggams performed a song in tribute to Lena Horne and several artists noted the benefit was dedicated to the memory of Percy Ellis Sutton.

Power couple Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez were honored with the Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis Arts and Humanitarian Award. The couple was recognized for their commitment to children's health issues. Lopez talked about Jackson's legacy.

"Everybody in our industry looked up to Michael," said Lopez. "And he did everything according to such a high standard. Everyone wanted to be like Mike."
Source: http://www.nbcnewyork.com

MJ'sGirl

MJ'sGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
A fitting tribute to a wonderful man, I am proud of you Michael!!
Just Call My Name and I'll Be There!!Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users