Welcome to MJPC!

If you L.O.V.E. to share photos and discuss anything and everything about the King Of Pop, you've come to the right place! Have rare MJ photos to trade? Email us at photos@mjphotoscollectors.com! Want to help support our site? Donate $5 (or more) here! Or, become a VIP Member! for access to thousands of high res watermark free photos in our password protected galleries! Enjoy your visit!!

From Motown to reality

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Viviane

Viviane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!

Back in Motown days, they (Motown people) were telling to the world that MJ was 9, when in fact he was 11. Do you know how long did that last? At what point did he reveal his real age? How did people react?

I've been questionning myself about that for a very long time, and I don't know if the info exists somewhere... I'm really curious, because it must have been a big deal back then, I mean, MJ was a pretty big star.  

Any info will be appreciated! Thanks! I'm happy to talk about Michael to people who love him.

I'm sorry for the English mistakes, I try my best :)

Viviane

maggiemay

maggiemay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That's a good question. I've heard this too and that makes me wonder is Michael going 52 or 54 now? Not that it matters. but I wonder what came about on this as well.

xBADx87

xBADx87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I don't believe it lasted for too long.  Once Mike got into his teenage years, he eventually just told his true age or someone found out via his schooling or when he got his license/permit ... not too sure.  Either way, a lot of celebrities fib about their true ages or their managers convince them it's better to fib.  In Mike's case it was only a 2 year age difference.  I don't think there was a big shock reaction over it because doing something like that in showbiz is a pretty normal thing.

Of course though the child stars have no clue usually what's going on about all that business, that lays upon the child's parents and what they are willing to go along with. Business makers just look for a way to make the child stars seem younger to get the appeal of a younger fan based audience.

Edited by xBADx87, 20 July 2010 - 05:51 AM.

Posted Image

Gazaprincess

Gazaprincess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
sweet :wub:

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I think Michael having to say he was 9 when he was really 11yrs old stopped when he was 12/13yrs old. All the other things I've read of seen on videos of Michael from the early Jackson 5 era of 1971-73 Michael's really age at the time is mentioned.

View Postmaggiemay, on 19 July 2010 - 03:16 PM, said:

That's a good question. I've heard this too and that makes me wonder is Michael going 52 or 54 now? Not that it matters. but I wonder what came about on this as well.

Michael's autopsy etc states he was born in 1958, so he would have been officially 52yrs old now. His age as an adult doesn't need to be questioned, their is too much documentation to show he was born in 1958.

Edited by Ben S, 19 November 2010 - 11:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users