Welcome to MJPC!

If you L.O.V.E. to share photos and discuss anything and everything about the King Of Pop, you've come to the right place! Have rare MJ photos to trade? Email us at photos@mjphotoscollectors.com! Want to help support our site? Donate $5 (or more) here! Or, become a VIP Member! for access to thousands of high res watermark free photos in our password protected galleries! Enjoy your visit!!

Why? (Letter from Michael)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Yvonne Hime

Yvonne Hime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
For that there is someone out there who understands me. Maybe there are more. If I may I’d like to write some sentences to the people of the world. Sentences you will never find in your newspapers, because for that they are not spectacular enough.

Dear people,
I would like to ask you a question – the question WHY. Why is there so much poverty in the world? Why so many wars? Why so much torture and agony? And why must children die and innocent suffer? I don’t understand it. Do you understand it?
I want to help. I want to make people happy, and may it be just for a moment. That is what gives my life a sense. Don’t you understand me? What did I do that you judge me? Are you really envious of me? You don’t have to. I wouldn’t wish you to be me…
Maybe you just want me to confess my ‘guilt’.
Yes, it is true, I do love children! But not the way you want it to be. I love them from the bottom of my heart. Because children don’t make wars. Children have never hurt me. It makes me happy to look in their shining eyes. Is it a crime wanting to be happy and want to make others happy? Many of them who visit me are going to die soon, of cancer or other terrible diseases. I won’t let you forbid me through your arrogance to give them just one happy day!
Yes, it is true that I had plastic surgeries! Do you know what it feels like?! How often did I have to wake up in pain! How often I didn’t know what would expect me when I look into the mirror! How often did I cry when I did it! Don’t you see that I’m punishing myself for that I cannot cope with my face – and with myself! Why do you also punish me for it?
Yes, it is true, once I was black! You get darker in the sun and get admired for that. But I am sick and you hit me for it. The sun you love so much can kill me. In former times I loved to be outside in the light, too, now I can nearly only go out at night. And you make your fun out of it. If I hadn’t become the Michael Jackson you know today, then I would also be like that: I would be a white black with curls and a thick niggernose for which everybody would tease me. Well, now you tease me because of my little nose. Maybe I would already be dead because I couldn’t protect myself so good as I can today. Would you prefer it when I was dead? Or when I had never existed? But then you wouldn’t have my music! Would you like to do without ‘Billie Jean’?! My music you love though, don’t you? Just not me. But I create the music to make you happy.
You torture me with your disgraceful words. Words can sometimes hurt so much more than punchs. Often I sit in an edge and cry. I ask God for what I have to suffer, what a reason I’ve given you. Cause I never did harm to anyone. I am afraid of you ‘cause you’ve hurt me so badly. And I don’t even defend myself. I simply hide behind my masks. Oh, how I hate these masks! Under them I can hardly breathe. But I have no choice, it’s the only way to protect myself. But you don’t like it when I protect myself. You’d prefer to kick a defenceless man in his face. but this favour I won’t do you. I don’t need to be ashamed for anything I’ve done. And as I can see at you, dear Unknown there are people who understand my message.
My friends and me, we don’t go into the war with tanks. We come with sunflowers to all of you even though you laugh at us and snap our flowers off. Maybe you will understand not before not only the flowers but the whole sun goes out. With my music, with what I do I would like to bring a light into the world. But is it necessary that I kill myself until someone believes me? And until someone believes me that I just want to do good things and that I suffer from your hate? But then you would be outraged: “And the children?!” Particularly you would say that, you who would love the most to take my children away from me. You say they aren’t my children. You say I couldn’t educate them. How do you want to know this?! And is it important then what blood is flowing through their veins when I would die for them? Your jealousy and your hate make you blind for what love means.
You don’t know me, nevertheless you have already judged me! You, those reporters who hammer me at the cross in the morning, you listen to my music in the evening! That is not fair! You are not interested in what you write if it just attracts readers and causes headlines. But my name is enough to attract the people. Why is it always necessary to denounce me? Why don’t you write something positive, there you wouldn’t have to search so long! Why do I have to be ‘Wacko Jacko’? Can’t you see that the only one I’m hurting is myself?! You hunt me like I was a piece of cattle. Isn’t there anybody who sees that I’m also a human being?! Where do you have your heart? Where do you have your mercy? Where do you have your love?
If just one out of ten people who get this letter tries to understand me, already then my life is it worth being lived.

Peace, Love and Kindness
From my heart, Michael Jackson."
Posted Image
Posted Image

MJSunshine

MJSunshine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
Do you have any more info on that?
Where is it from?

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I'm pretty sure it's fake.

Yvonne Hime

Yvonne Hime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I wish we could know more about this letter too... it is really heartbreaking...and especially, if it was written by MJ himself...did it appear in any newspaper, blog, book?

I would really love to know more about it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

RockinRobin

RockinRobin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

View PostBen S, on 20 November 2010 - 07:28 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure it's fake.
I second that. I don't think that Michael wrote the letter, it just doesn't sound like him. I didn't pay attention to the title and when I read the first lines, I thought that a fan or someone else BUT Michael wrote it. There are several indications in it. E.g. the way they feel pity for themselves. I mean, we all know that Michael suffered a lot and a lot pain in his life, but he wouldn't have dealt with it in this way; by writing a letter to the public (even though the public never "recieved" it). Also the way they describe and express certain things, not Michael. The lines which lead to my conclusion,"[...] Yes, it is true, once I was black! [...] then I would also be like that: I would be a white black with curls and a thick niggernose for which everybody would tease me. [...] Would you prefer it when I was dead? Or when I had never existed? But then you wouldn’t have my music! Would you like to do without ‘Billie Jean’?! My music you love though, don’t you? [...]"
I'm very stern about that type of things, especially because someone in my family has Vitiligo. This just demonstrates the ignorance of the writer of this letter.

@ Yvonne Hime
I'd be a little careful with the letter. I was looking around on the net, and there are several discussions about it on Facebook groups for instance, whether it is a fake or not. I found the letter on insider.com in the comments section. http://www.theinside...Jackson_Tribute (You have to turn the video off and scroll down, first comment)

I think a hopeless fan or an outsider wrote it to keep the haters mum. But I think they failed at it, simply because the outsiders don't get it.

Ben S

Ben S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
If the letter was written by Michael, I doubt it would be addressed "Dear People". It would be addressed to the media. Michael was well aware he was loved by his fans and still respected by most people. He knew the problem was the media, and such a letter would have been addressed to the media etc.

First give away is "Yes, it is true, once I was black". I doubt Michael would have written such a stupid thing. Despite Michael not being a race person (ie in my view a person who sees themselves as an individual not someone who has to stick to racial and cultural expectation), Michael never stopped identifying his race as black, despite many people expecting him to.

The letter seems like a stereotype of the mind of Michael Jackson, written by a person who has little knowledge of Michael, and no understanding of people who are individuals and wish to be unique. The letter is full of self-hatred, which is what is expected of Michael as part of the media stereotype that has obviously brain was some fans (more like fans who just like the music and nothing else).

This sentence "But I create the music to make you happy." also doesn't sound like Michael. It sounds like Michael saying people owe something in return for the music he's given the world. Michael wouldn't write or say something like that. He would have said something like "I create music to spreed love around the world". Michael never expected anything from the public and wouldn't write such a letter that lacks intelligence. If you have ever seen a hand written letter Michael wrote to the media in 1987, that he left in a hotel in Australia you will see that Michael knows how to use words, and that the letter is from a songwritter. ie he when wrote "Never judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins". That is a brilliant analogy of the pain Michael felt from the media judgment he faced at that time in 1987 (very light media judgment compared to the years post 1993), and way beyond the person who has written that fake "Dear People" letter.

Edited by Ben S, 21 November 2010 - 11:17 AM.

Yvonne Hime

Yvonne Hime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
"And is it important then what blood is flowing through their veins when I would die for them? " :unsure:
I particularly find this part suspicious... MJ always said that his kids are his flesh and blood...This actually implies something else :mellow:

I hope the truth about this comes out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

man in the mirror

man in the mirror

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I agree that this letter is susipicous but that this letter could have been adressed to the magizne
"PEOPLE" but I have read one of his letters and didn't make sense at all. I'm not so sure to think of this, it could possibly be his or it could be a person who would try to make it seem like he or she is making fun of him. but does seem to me that of what I've read of his that this could be Michael's.

m&ms

m&ms

Advanced Member

• Gallery Admin
  • 94 posts
I vote for total and utter fake. Does not sound like him at all. My 2 cts.

MKJ

MKJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Hm... I have to say that I agree with you guys that say that the letter is fake.

When you compare that letter to Michael's other written material, you can easily see that the letter lacks a lot of intelligence. And we all know how intelligent Michael Jackson is... in everything he does.

It is interesting how the writer of that letter TRIED to make it poetic, thinking that "people" are likely to believe that this actually really could be Michael's own words... oh dear! Personally, I don't think it worked. Too bad!

On behalf of these people that have ever attacked Michael in any way, and still continue to do so, I personally apologise to you Michael Joseph Jackson...

With eternal love to you, from:

MKJ xx  :wub:

~*~ WITH ETERNAL LOVE TO YOU MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON ~*~

gertrude

gertrude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
fake fake fake fake fake. Michael was more literate and eloquent than this letter, especially with anything he had well-prepared. he would NEVAH EVAH insinuate his children are not biologically his, since they are his biologically, and more clearly are as time goes on and they bear increasing physical resemblance to him as they mature, Paris included. He would not discuss his plastic surgery in such a manner, especially since so much of it was necessitated by removal of the discs on his face caused by lupus.
this is written, I venture, by a well-intentioned but not necessarily that well-informed fan, who has English as a second language.

dirtybad96

dirtybad96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
I'm pretty sure this letter is fake. Michael wouldn't adress it to the people.He would adress it to the media or the suckers who kept on hurting him. Anyway, this whole letter sounds NOT like him.It's not his style. Michael wouldn't write such stupid things which the letter includes.
To me, it's fake. If he adressed it to "people", it wouldn't make any sense- among those  people, there are fans who love him no matter what the others say and don't need explanations(by the way, those things in letter are so strange).
Fake.
When I miss you so badly,
I know that I don't have to go far...
All I have to do is
To look deep inside my heart...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users